POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : overnight rendering impossible Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  overnight rendering impossible (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: overnight rendering impossible
Date: 3 Dec 2012 13:20:00
Message: <web.50bcec85bbd73cc7ebec76840@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

since I use a portable machine, overnight rendering seems to be impossible. It
is due to my tom-cat, "Snoopy" by name, which is a very small cat having only 9
kg of weight. It is addicted to the warmth of the fan and filles the holes of
the exhaust completelly and I fear a heat accumulation. Has someone else of you
experierenced the same? ;-)

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

> since I use a portable machine, overnight rendering seems to be impossible. It
> is due to my tom-cat, "Snoopy" by name, which is a very small cat having only 9
> kg of weight. It is addicted to the warmth of the fan and filles the holes of
> the exhaust completelly and I fear a heat accumulation. Has someone else of you
> experierenced the same? ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Nope, I don't have a cat. But while it's winter rendering costs me
nothing* so I'm happy to help, if you happen to need assistance on a
long trace.

*) My heating system is so called straight electric and doesn't know if
it's the heater or my CPU that gives the thermal energy to the air.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message