POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ah, memes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  ah, memes (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: ah, memes
Date: 11 Sep 2012 14:52:12
Message: <504f885c$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:53:50 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> is the text not showing or are you guys surprised at it?  It shows up in
> the web interface to the newsgroups.

The text is showing, it just makes no sense.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 11 Sep 2012 15:03:06
Message: <504f8aea$1@news.povray.org>
It's a satirical riff on a certain type of "story" which you
occasionally see around the internet.  You can probably imagine the
content of these proported-to-be-true stories from the satirical
version, but here's an example: http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp

On 9/11/2012 11:52 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:53:50 -0400, nemesis wrote:
>
>> is the text not showing or are you guys surprised at it?  It shows up in
>> the web interface to the newsgroups.
>
> The text is showing, it just makes no sense.
>
> Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:03:06 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> It's a satirical riff on a certain type of "story" which you
> occasionally see around the internet.  You can probably imagine the
> content of these proported-to-be-true stories from the satirical
> version, but here's an example: http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp

Ah, I see.  I hadn't run across that meme before.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 11/09/2012 08:03 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> It's a satirical riff on a certain type of "story" which you
> occasionally see around the internet. You can probably imagine the
> content of these proported-to-be-true stories from the satirical
> version, but here's an example: http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp

This is really terrifying:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

It's terrifying because they appear to be COMPLETELY SERIOUS. o_O

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:12:30 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> It's terrifying because they appear to be COMPLETELY SERIOUS. o_O

Yep, it is, and they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvMB57evy4 is quite entertaining.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> It's terrifying because they appear to be COMPLETELY SERIOUS. o_O
>
> Yep, it is, and they are.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvMB57evy4 is quite entertaining.

Some people find this kind of thing amusing. Personally I find it
frightening.

Post a reply to this message