POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quiet Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Quiet (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Quiet
Date: 15 Jul 2012 06:07:48
Message: <50029674$1@news.povray.org>
Does anybody /else/ remember when this newsgroup used to get so much
traffic per hour that it was almost difficult to read it all fast enough
to keep up?

Or is that just me?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Quiet
Date: 15 Jul 2012 07:37:57
Message: <5002ab95$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2012 11:07 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Does anybody /else/ remember when this newsgroup used to get so much
> traffic per hour that it was almost difficult to read it all fast enough
> to keep up?

Even at work? ;-)

> Or is that just me?

No, not just you.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Jul 2012 07:45:39
Message: <5002ad63$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/07/2012 12:07, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> Does anybody /else/ remember when this newsgroup used to get so much
> traffic per hour that it was almost difficult to read it all fast enough
> to keep up?
>
> Or is that just me?

It's a question of critical mass, or rather count.
Some contributors are probably in holiday for the summer.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody /else/ remember when this newsgroup used to get so much
> traffic per hour that it was almost difficult to read it all fast enough
> to keep up?

Yes, I remember.  I didn't even try to keep up.

(However, I do recall that most of the threads were started by Orchid and
Invisible.)

Post a reply to this message

Am 15.07.2012 13:59, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Does anybody /else/ remember when this newsgroup used to get so much
>> traffic per hour that it was almost difficult to read it all fast enough
>> to keep up?
>
> Yes, I remember.  I didn't even try to keep up.
>
> (However, I do recall that most of the threads were started by Orchid and
> Invisible.)

Yeah. Andrew does so many posts here that he needs two accounts for that.

Post a reply to this message