POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." (Message 31 to 40 of 80)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold."
Date: 6 Oct 2011 13:34:23
Message: <4e8de69f$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2011 06:25 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:12:21 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> The difference is, the US military *needs* GPS to exist
>
> Well, no, military forces (including in the US) existed well before the
> advent of GPS technology.

And military forces existed before the invention of projectile weapons.
I don't think you can successfully argue that the army don't need guns. ;-)

The point isn't that the USMC wouldn't exist without GPS. It's that GPS
is valuably enough for them to pay for it, even if it didn't benefit
anyone else.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/