POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Streaming animations... Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Streaming animations... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Streaming animations...
Date: 2 Jul 2008 02:17:03
Message: <MPG.22d4cb2c3828f13f98a178@news.povray.org>
Anyone have a clue if there is some place out there streaming simple
animations, etc., like the ones done for the IRTC, for example, like a
TV station? No, I don't mean "flash based", or some useless stuff like
Joost, or whatever. I mean streaming the way you get streaming video
from an internet radio station. Can quicktime, do this? Mind you, I ask
about that one specifically, since its "currently" the only one
supported via the system available. Something more may be supported
later, but...

Trying to figure out some way one could turn the existing "movie
theater" in an SL area into one that actually "shows" shows, and in a
way that is consistent with how they work, not as a, "someone hit play,
time to play the stream from frame #1", which breaks the whole intent of
it. If something connects to the stream, it should start where ever the
moving is already playing, just like if you walked into a real theater
in the middle of one. (Of course, I get that the irony is that this is
probably "not" what any of them do, since the net runs on-demand, not on
fixed schedules. lol But, even if there is a way to run a server that
"could" re-stream files from a list of free videos, at set intervals...

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();
      call DRM_everything();
    }
    call functional_code();
  }
  else
    call crash_windows();
}

Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> Anyone have a clue if there is some place out there streaming simple
> animations, etc., like the ones done for the IRTC, for example, like a
> TV station? No, I don't mean "flash based", or some useless stuff like
> Joost, or whatever. I mean streaming the way you get streaming video
> from an internet radio station. Can quicktime, do this? Mind you, I ask
> about that one specifically, since its "currently" the only one
> supported via the system available. Something more may be supported
> later, but...
>
> Trying to figure out some way one could turn the existing "movie
> theater" in an SL area into one that actually "shows" shows, and in a
> way that is consistent with how they work, not as a, "someone hit play,
> time to play the stream from frame #1", which breaks the whole intent of
> it. If something connects to the stream, it should start where ever the
> moving is already playing, just like if you walked into a real theater
> in the middle of one. (Of course, I get that the irony is that this is
> probably "not" what any of them do, since the net runs on-demand, not on
> fixed schedules. lol But, even if there is a way to run a server that
> "could" re-stream files from a list of free videos, at set intervals...
>
> --
> void main () {

>     if version = "Vista" {
>       call slow_by_half();
>       call DRM_everything();
>     }
>     call functional_code();
>   }
>   else
>     call crash_windows();
> }
>
> <A HREF='http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?refid=16130551'>Get 3D Models,
>
> 3D Content, and 3D Software at DAZ3D!</A>

Maybe YouTube has an API that you can use on your own web server. I don't know.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message