POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
20 Jul 2024 06:45:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 4 Feb 2023 15:59:26
Message: <63dec72e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2023-02-04 15:17 (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> 
> But for the moment, here's just a simple doodle.

In the mood for some controversy?

I say no to coffee.  I hate the shit.


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 4 Feb 2023 16:25:00
Message: <web.63decbff249f00761f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> In the mood for some controversy?

On _this_ forum?  Surely such a thing never happens.

> I say no to coffee.  I hate the shit.

Hey - you do whatever works for you.

I probably have 50 lb of coffee in the next room, but I also have enough tea of
all types to fill one of the larger kitchen cabinets.
Mate de coca was my preferred beverage in Peru, because apparently their version
of coffee "Cafe Americano" was to pour some kind of coffee syrup that looked
like the metal can of Hershey's syrup from the 70's into hot water.   Nope.

Don't Cry, Ricky, I know that you threw down the gauntlet in the Heat of The
Moment.

Maybe the next doodle will be a mug of Egyptian Tea, with more of an "Asia"
Roger Dean theme.

Only Time Will Tell.



- BE


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 7 Feb 2023 09:56:36
Message: <63e266a4$1@news.povray.org>
On 2023-02-04 17:19 (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> 
> I probably have 50 lb of coffee in the next room, but I also have enough tea of
> all types to fill one of the larger kitchen cabinets.

I love teas.  I just wish the bottled teas didn't have so much damned
sugar in them.  I don't know how Japanese tourists survive in this
hemisphere.

> Mate de coca was my preferred beverage in Peru, because apparently their version
> of coffee "Cafe Americano" was to pour some kind of coffee syrup that looked
> like the metal can of Hershey's syrup from the 70's into hot water.   Nope.

Mate de coca was a life saver when I visited Bolivia.  The hotels have
the stuff waiting in the lobby to deal with the tourists' altitude
sickness.  Though, I did recall the fate of a couple of American
tourists who crossed the line of legality (Butch and Sundance), so I
made sure to stay on the mate side of Bolivian law.

I'm just glad there was no police raid on the apartment I had recently
vacated.  Turns out my ex-roommate was a cocaine dealer.  (The signs
were there, but I completely missed them.)  If the police had picked me
up, I would have failed the drug test, and I would not have been able to
get off by ratting out my dealer.

(The War on Drugs is an utter joke.)

A bit of a lack of self awareness there: my ex-roommate had chided ME
for betraying the black race simply because I didn't like rap music,
yet, here he was getting black people hooked on coke.

> Don't Cry, Ricky, I know that you threw down the gauntlet in the Heat of The
> Moment.
> 
> Maybe the next doodle will be a mug of Egyptian Tea, with more of an "Asia"
> Roger Dean theme.
> 
> Only Time Will Tell.

Ah, three more songs to add to my karaoke wish list!


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 1 Apr 2023 15:35:00
Message: <web.6428870e249f007660e0cc3d949c357d@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>
> Don't Cry, Ricky, I know that you threw down the gauntlet in the Heat of The
> Moment.
>
> Maybe the next doodle will be a mug of Egyptian Tea, with more of an "Asia"
> Roger Dean theme.
>
> Only Time Will Tell.

https://youtu.be/cyRv_R5rngU


Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 1 Apr 2023 16:30:08
Message: <d80df5d9-c3f8-ddd5-f6c6-46e471f14b6a@gmail.com>
On 01/04/2023 22:33, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> https://youtu.be/cyRv_R5rngU

Thanks, interesting story and good channel, few more, my favorites:

https://progrock.comhttps://www.deliciousagony.com
https://www.morow.com
https://www.progulus.com
https://progzilla.com
http://www.prog.fm

PS: Something is wrong with your address, was not able to replay without
editing it:
Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom>
--
YB


Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 1 Apr 2023 16:32:36
Message: <81341050-820d-9a1b-e5fc-e7f4e81be148@gmail.com>
On 01/04/2023 23:29, yesbird wrote:
> Thanks, interesting story and good channel, few more, my favorites:
Sorry,
https://progrock.com
https://www.deliciousagony.com
--
YB


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 2 Apr 2023 13:47:18
Message: <6429bfa6$1@news.povray.org>
On 2023-04-01 16:29 (-4), yesbird wrote:
> On 01/04/2023 22:33, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> 
> PS: Something is wrong with your address, was not able to replay without
> editing it:
> Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom>

That's because I posted through the Web interface, which munges any
email address it finds.  It's an anti-spam measure.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.