POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 360 degree anaglyph panoramas Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  360 degree anaglyph panoramas (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: 360 degree anaglyph panoramas
Date: 19 Jun 2021 18:24:39
Message: <60ce6ea7$1@news.povray.org>
Is it technically possible to create anaglyph panoramic images that work
in standard panorama viewers? Or does the viewing software need to be
made to specially handle these images?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: 360 degree anaglyph panoramas
Date: 1 Aug 2021 07:31:23
Message: <6106860b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/06/2021 à 00:24, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Is it technically possible to create anaglyph panoramic images that work
> in standard panorama viewers? Or does the viewing software need to be
> made to specially handle these images?
>

> Mike

Can you define "standard panaroma viewers" ?

Google VR View : Mono-image (2:1) & Stereo-image (1:1, vertical stacked
2:1), sphere only

Marzipano : sphere (2:1) and cube-face

A-Frame : the return of VRML ?

Photo Sphere Viewer : sphere (2:1) and cube-face, mono

React VR : ???

360 Image Viewer : mono, ???

Panorama Viewer : mono, sphere & cylindrical

Pannellum : mono, ???

Altspace VR Photo Viewer Demo App : mono sphere ???

Add any other viewers you might encounter...

I guess that by anaglyph panoramic images, you want stereo.

There is some works in hgpovray38:
https://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/cameras#Camera_for_3D

Omni Directional Stereo camera is the one for google spec. (stacked
pictures)

Post a reply to this message