POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : github docs Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:57:28 EDT (-0400)
  github docs (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: dick balaska
Subject: github docs
Date: 7 Jun 2018 13:12:58
Message: <5b19679a$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to add some doco to my github page.
https://github.com/dickbalaska/povray

This repo appears dead at fist glance, because github is *so*
master-centric.
But it's not. There's two very active branches, network and qmake.

I thought I would put some text on the above page giving an overview of
the branches.

It appears that my only option for doing that is to edit README.md in
the master branch.  Fuck you, github. I don't want to touch the master
branch; that's not mine.

The example shows one editing an index.html file in master.  That still
suxor, but at least I won't be stomping on not-my-file.

Alas, gitbutt sees the README.md file first and ignores my index.html.

If I edit master/README.md, the next time I do a pull from upstream,
there will likely be conflicts.  But I don't see a better way.

super bleh.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)