POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : English accent? Server Time
5 May 2024 01:37:27 EDT (-0400)
  English accent? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: English accent?
Date: 2 Mar 2018 03:13:08
Message: <5a990794$1@news.povray.org>
Fun!

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180205-which-british-accent-is-closest-to-your-own

I am a West-Londoner it appears :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: English accent?
Date: 2 Mar 2018 05:01:46
Message: <5a99210a$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/03/2018 08:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Fun!
>
> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180205-which-british-accent-is-closest-to-your-own

> I am a West-Londoner it appears :-)

As am I. But with the change of one answer I became a Glaswegian.
Splinter or skelf, 400 miles distance.

I am a Glaswegian living in West London.
Spooky. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Mar 2018 07:02:21
Message: <5a993d4d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2-3-2018 11:01, Stephen wrote:
> On 02/03/2018 08:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Fun!

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180205-which-british-accent-is-closest-to-your-own

>> I am a West-Londoner it appears :-)
>>

> As am I. But with the change of one answer I became a Glaswegian.
> Splinter or skelf, 400 miles distance.
>
> I am a Glaswegian living in West London.
> Spooky. ;-)

I learned a few words indeed.

I guess that most foreigners like me would come up as West-London as it
is the"dialect" teached.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 02/03/2018 12:02, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 2-3-2018 11:01, Stephen wrote:
>> On 02/03/2018 08:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> Fun!

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180205-which-british-accent-is-closest-to-your-own

>>> I am a West-Londoner it appears :-)
>>>

>> As am I. But with the change of one answer I became a Glaswegian.
>> Splinter or skelf, 400 miles distance.
>>
>> I am a Glaswegian living in West London.
>> Spooky. ;-)
>>

> I learned a few words indeed.

There were a few dialect words, I don't know.

> I guess that most foreigners like me would come up as West-London as it
> is the"dialect" teached.

Taught! old chap. :-P

I've never actually heard of a West London accent. East London (cockney)
and South London, yes. They are different.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message