POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Starling murmuration Server Time
4 May 2024 17:11:15 EDT (-0400)
  Starling murmuration (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stephen
Subject: Starling murmuration
Date: 30 Jan 2018 17:52:47
Message: <5a70f73f@news.povray.org>
Two and a half minutes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-42881898/rspb-minsmere-winter-starling-murmuration

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Starling murmuration
Date: 31 Jan 2018 02:40:37
Message: <5a7172f5$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-1-2018 23:52, Stephen wrote:
> Two and a half minutes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-42881898/rspb-minsmere-winter-starling-murmuration

Very nice indeed. Always fascinating to watch. Near Haarlem, years ago,
I found myself in the middle of one, in a reed area. The sound of all
those birds tweeting and flying up/down from the reeds was truly deafening.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 31/01/2018 07:40, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 30-1-2018 23:52, Stephen wrote:
>> Two and a half minutes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-42881898/rspb-minsmere-winter-starling-murmuration

> Very nice indeed. Always fascinating to watch. Near Haarlem, years ago,
> I found myself in the middle of one, in a reed area. The sound of all
> those birds tweeting and flying up/down from the reeds was truly deafening.

I've seen a few but much smaller.

--

Regards
     Stephen