POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lost words Server Time
12 May 2024 17:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Lost words (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Lost words
Date: 15 Sep 2017 03:07:56
Message: <59bb7c4c$1@news.povray.org>
I love this!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41266000

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Lost words
Date: 15 Sep 2017 03:31:29
Message: <59bb81d1@news.povray.org>
On 15/09/2017 08:07, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I love this!
>
> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41266000

One of the words mentioned on the radio but not in that article. Is
"betrump".

I complete list is here:
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-15/from-sillytonian-to-betrump-the-lost-words-language-experts-say-are-due-a-comeback/

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 15 Sep 2017 03:32:34
Message: <59bb8212$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/09/2017 08:31, Stephen wrote:
> I complete list is here:

A complete list.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Sep 2017 07:09:23
Message: <59bbb4e3$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-9-2017 9:31, Stephen wrote:
> On 15/09/2017 08:07, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I love this!
>>
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41266000
>>

> One of the words mentioned on the radio but not in that article. Is
> "betrump".

Rofl !!

> I complete list is here:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-15/from-sillytonian-to-betrump-the-lost-words-language-experts-say-are-due-a-comeback/

Ah, thanks indeed. Noted.

Quacksalver: That one is a common word in Dutch: Kwakzalver.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Sep 2017 07:51:03
Message: <59bbbea7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.09.2017 um 13:09 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Quacksalver: That one is a common word in Dutch: Kwakzalver.

"Quacksalber" in German. I don't think it's very common these days, but
it's not dead either.

Post a reply to this message