POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "most glorious defeat" Server Time
18 May 2024 07:05:33 EDT (-0400)
  "most glorious defeat" (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: "most glorious defeat"
Date: 9 Jun 2017 03:23:32
Message: <593a4cf4$1@news.povray.org>
I'll rise my glass of claret to that

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-40175458

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: "most glorious defeat"
Date: 9 Jun 2017 03:53:03
Message: <593a53df$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/9/2017 8:23 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I'll rise my glass of claret to that

A French wine. O_O

> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-40175458

The like to forget that they were once a French colony, too. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2017 07:27:54
Message: <593a863a$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-6-2017 9:52, Stephen wrote:
>> I'll rise my glass of claret to that
>>

> A French wine. O_O

I couldn't find a Dutch one :-)

>> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-40175458
>>

> The like to forget that they were once a French colony, too. ;)

Indeed. Only the winners write history ;-)

And, England tried to take its revenge a few years later later:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampjaar

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message