POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: re Cassini Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re Cassini (Message 29 to 38 of 48)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: re Cassini
Date: 10 May 2017 19:21:18
Message: <5913a06e$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 May 2017 15:58:39 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> It is always good to know when to make your excuses and leave. As our
> newspaper reporters say. When they reach that part of the drug
> deal/whatever that they have to something naughty.
>
> This is a nice part of the internet.

Which is one of the reasons I like this corner of it.

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 May 2017 19:21:41
Message: <5913a085@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 May 2017 09:24:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Nah, you shouldn't, unless you have specific reason to.
>>>

>> I suspect Stephen leaked oil from the pipes to cook his haddocks... :-)
>>

> Not me. I was miles away at the time.
>
> I have seen the sea on fire and a burning circle in the sky.
> It was a sign writ large in flame.

"We apologise for the inconvenience"?

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2017 02:54:27
Message: <59140aa3$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-5-2017 22:19, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-05-10 09:36, also sprach clipka:
>

>> Dummo. Everyone knows the Anunaki are refueling the sun every couple
>> hundred years.
>>

> Blasphemer!  Jesus does it.  Like when we were running out of oil in the
> 70s and then Jesus made us more. (Bible belters actually believe this.)

Gentlemen, I am beginning to /believe/ that this little corner of the
internet is the nexus of different overlapping world realities. I
suspect we could not meet, even if we wanted to. A pity, as I would much
like to take you on one of our steam punk rocket visits through the
Dutch Continental Empire (DCE; I guess that some of you call that the
European Union? I am not sure) and especially to our new conquered
province of Engelland.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/11/2017 7:54 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 10-5-2017 22:19, dick balaska wrote:
>> Am 2017-05-10 09:36, also sprach clipka:
>>

>>> Dummo. Everyone knows the Anunaki are refueling the sun every couple
>>> hundred years.
>>>

>> Blasphemer!  Jesus does it.  Like when we were running out of oil in the
>> 70s and then Jesus made us more. (Bible belters actually believe this.)
>>

> Gentlemen, I am beginning to /believe/ that this little corner of the
> internet is the nexus of different overlapping world realities.

Slow, aren't you? ;-)

> I suspect we could not meet, even if we wanted to. A pity, as I would much
> like to take you on one of our steam punk rocket visits through the
> Dutch Continental Empire (DCE; I guess that some of you call that the
> European Union? I am not sure)

That would be nice. Then we could jaunt off in my interdimensional,
travelling pawn shop. You get to see some of the best parts. :-)

> and especially to our new conquered
> province of Engelland.

I'm glad someone's finally taking responsibility for them. They have
been a hell of a neighbour. Since the French took over. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 5/11/2017 12:21 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2017 09:24:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> I suspect Stephen leaked oil from the pipes to cook his haddocks... :-)
>>>

>> Not me. I was miles away at the time.
>>
>> I have seen the sea on fire and a burning circle in the sky.
>> It was a sign writ large in flame.
>
> "We apologise for the inconvenience"?

"Would you please make your way to your designated lifeboat."

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Am 2017-05-10 09:36, also sprach clipka:

>>> Blasphemer!  Jesus does it.  Like when we were running out of oil in the
>>> 70s and then Jesus made us more. (Bible belters actually believe this.)
>>>

>> Gentlemen, I am beginning to /believe/ that this little corner of the
>> internet is the nexus of different overlapping world realities.
>
> Slow, aren't you? ;-)

I do what I can.

>> I suspect we could not meet, even if we wanted to. A pity, as I would
>> much
>> like to take you on one of our steam punk rocket visits through the
>> Dutch Continental Empire (DCE; I guess that some of you call that the
>> European Union? I am not sure)
>
> That would be nice. Then we could jaunt off in my interdimensional,
> travelling pawn shop. You get to see some of the best parts. :-)

That would certainly be nice. The interdimensionality though is still a
problem, except for words it seems.

>> and especially to our new conquered
>> province of Engelland.
>>

> I'm glad someone's finally taking responsibility for them. They have
> been a hell of a neighbour. Since the French took over. ;-)

Oh! Responsibility is a big word. We just put them to work to keep their
mind off trivial things.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/11/2017 11:59 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 11-5-2017 10:22, Stephen wrote:

>>> Gentlemen, I am beginning to /believe/ that this little corner of the
>>> internet is the nexus of different overlapping world realities.
>>
>> Slow, aren't you? ;-)
>
> I do what I can.
>

>>> I suspect we could not meet, even if we wanted to. A pity, as I would
>>> much
>>> like to take you on one of our steam punk rocket visits through the
>>> Dutch Continental Empire (DCE; I guess that some of you call that the
>>> European Union? I am not sure)
>>
>> That would be nice. Then we could jaunt off in my interdimensional,
>> travelling pawn shop. You get to see some of the best parts. :-)
>>

> That would certainly be nice. The interdimensionality though is still a
> problem, except for words it seems.

Still unsure?

>>> and especially to our new conquered
>>> province of Engelland.
>>>

>> I'm glad someone's finally taking responsibility for them. They have
>> been a hell of a neighbour. Since the French took over. ;-)
>>

> Oh! Responsibility is a big word.

It is, as you will know from that Spanish time.

> We just put them to work to keep their
> mind off trivial things.

You're not saying that work will make them free, are you?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 11 May 2017 09:25:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 5/11/2017 12:21 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Not me. I was miles away at the time.
>>>
>>> I have seen the sea on fire and a burning circle in the sky.
>>> It was a sign writ large in flame.
>>
>> "We apologise for the inconvenience"?
>>

> "Would you please make your way to your designated lifeboat."

I like my answer better. :)

On 5/11/2017 5:34 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> >"Would you please make your way to your designated lifeboat."
> I like my answer better.:)

So would I but unfortunately...
We were stood by the lifeboats for about six hours. It was some trip. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 11 May 2017 17:56:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> I like my answer better.:)
>>

> So would I but unfortunately...
> We were stood by the lifeboats for about six hours. It was some trip. :)

Ah, well, in that case, your answer is the better answer.  Mine's just a
reference to H2G2. :)

Jim