POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: re Cassini Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:55:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re Cassini (Message 11 to 20 of 48)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: re Cassini
Date: 9 May 2017 18:49:52
Message: <59124790$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 09 May 2017 21:36:31 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> I should feel guilty, I think.

Nah, you shouldn't, unless you have specific reason to.

From: Stephen
Date: 9 May 2017 18:58:47
Message: <591249a7$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2017 10:24 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-05-09 16:36, also sprach Stephen:
>> I should feel guilty, I think.
>
> I demand restitution!  I have been moderately inconvenienced!

Nah! That's a political thing.
I'm sure you mean reconstitution. :)  <-- Smiley

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 9 May 2017 19:01:23
Message: <59124a43$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2017 11:49 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2017 21:36:31 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I should feel guilty, I think.
>
> Nah, you shouldn't, unless you have specific reason to.

I feel I'm missing out.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2017 02:46:14
Message: <5912b736$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-5-2017 16:58, clipka wrote:

>>> You weren't planning to be around for it, were you? :)
>>

>> I was just observing that there definitely seems to be SOMETHING that will warm
>> our planet....   What _could_ it be...?
>>
>> It certainly can't be that ridiculously huge thermonuclear furnace that's
>> 1,300,000 times the size of the Earth, that's for sure.
>>
>> Must be something _we_ did.   :|
>
> Yeah, that unprecedented sudden temperature increase over the last 100
> years or so, that's _totally_ just the sun.
>
> (facepalm)
>
> You do know that, say, 1000 years ago the sun had already been around,
> and in pretty much its current form, right?

I don't buy that. Given the rate of combustion, the sun cannot be more
than a couple of centuries old. I got secret information telling me that
the mysterious NASA space craft that landed a couple of days ago has
something to do with the kindling of a new sun...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/10/2017 7:46 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 8-5-2017 16:58, clipka wrote:

>> You do know that, say, 1000 years ago the sun had already been around,
>> and in pretty much its current form, right?
>>

> I don't buy that. Given the rate of combustion, the sun cannot be more
> than a couple of centuries old. I got secret information telling me that
> the mysterious NASA space craft that landed a couple of days ago has
> something to do with the kindling of a new sun...

Fair point.
Isn't that what kings and queens are for, to make the gods do their job?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> You do know that, say, 1000 years ago the sun had already been around,
>>> and in pretty much its current form, right?
>>>

>> I don't buy that. Given the rate of combustion, the sun cannot be more
>> than a couple of centuries old. I got secret information telling me that
>> the mysterious NASA space craft that landed a couple of days ago has
>> something to do with the kindling of a new sun...
>>

> Fair point.
> Isn't that what kings and queens are for, to make the gods do their job?

Exactly. Not enough kings and queens in this world. Climate change
started when the populace killed them or exiled them.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/10/2017 8:09 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 10-5-2017 8:56, Stephen wrote:

>>> I don't buy that. Given the rate of combustion, the sun cannot be more
>>> than a couple of centuries old. I got secret information telling me that
>>> the mysterious NASA space craft that landed a couple of days ago has
>>> something to do with the kindling of a new sun...
>>>

>> Fair point.
>> Isn't that what kings and queens are for, to make the gods do their job?
>>

> Exactly. Not enough kings and queens in this world. Climate change
> started when the populace killed them or exiled them.

The timing is right. If you look at the curve.
You are beginning to convince me.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Fair point.
>>> Isn't that what kings and queens are for, to make the gods do their job?
>>>

>> Exactly. Not enough kings and queens in this world. Climate change
>> started when the populace killed them or exiled them.
>>

> The timing is right. If you look at the curve.
> You are beginning to convince me.

I have never spoken out publicly before for fear of retaliation but
patriotism and true love for my queen and king has convinced me to start
this crusade.

[takes stance, watching the far horizon]

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 09 May 2017 21:36:31 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I should feel guilty, I think.
>
> Nah, you shouldn't, unless you have specific reason to.

I suspect Stephen leaked oil from the pipes to cook his haddocks... :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/10/2017 8:33 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 10-5-2017 9:19, Stephen wrote:

>>> Exactly. Not enough kings and queens in this world. Climate change
>>> started when the populace killed them or exiled them.
>>>

>> The timing is right. If you look at the curve.
>> You are beginning to convince me.
>>

> I have never spoken out publicly before for fear of retaliation but
> patriotism and true love for my queen and king has convinced me to start
> this crusade.

It is cold. The wind blows from the North East.
And the mouse eats the uncovered corn in the yard. ;-)

> [takes stance, watching the far horizon]

[takes stance, watching the other horizon]
--

Regards
     Stephen