POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do you pronounce POV-Ray? Server Time
18 May 2024 06:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  How do you pronounce POV-Ray? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: How do you pronounce POV-Ray?
Date: 5 Apr 2017 09:37:06
Message: <58e4f302$1@news.povray.org>
Do you simply read it like it's spelled "povray", or are you supposed to
spell out each letter "pee oh vee ray"?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: How do you pronounce POV-Ray?
Date: 5 Apr 2017 10:29:52
Message: <58e4ff60$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/5/2017 2:37 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Do you simply read it like it's spelled "povray", or are you supposed to
> spell out each letter "pee oh vee ray"?

I pronounce it Pov-ray although I generally just say Pov.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Apr 2017 10:49:32
Message: <58e503fc$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:29:48 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 4/5/2017 2:37 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Do you simply read it like it's spelled "povray", or are you supposed
>> to spell out each letter "pee oh vee ray"?
>>

> I pronounce it Pov-ray although I generally just say Pov.

Same here

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Apr 2017 02:55:21
Message: <58e5e659$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-4-2017 15:37, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Do you simply read it like it's spelled "povray", or are you supposed to
> spell out each letter "pee oh vee ray"?
>

> Mike

I never gave it a thought and always assumed it was simply 'povray'. In
the other case, I /think/ the original authors would have used slightly
different graphics like P.O.V.-Ray, although the dots would have been
rapidly left out.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message