POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do I use PovRay? Server Time
20 Jun 2024 07:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Why do I use PovRay? (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Why do I use PovRay?
Date: 10 Mar 2017 14:37:08
Message: <58c30064$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/9/2017 1:57 AM, scott wrote:
> And if you have the talent to program, why use SDL?

I don't use Pov-Ray all that frequently these days, but when I do it's
almost always because of the SDL.  It's a handy way to pre-render icons
or textures when you don't need things to be real-time.  I like having a
single text file in a standardized format be the only thing that's
needed to generate the images, and the scripting capabilities provided
by the SDL are at about the right level for what's needed for the tasks.