POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These photographs look like super-realistic CG renderings Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:37:38 EDT (-0400)
  These photographs look like super-realistic CG renderings (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: These photographs look like super-realistic CG renderings
Date: 21 Dec 2016 15:33:30
Message: <585ae71a$1@news.povray.org>
I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:

http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Dec 2016 15:44:43
Message: <585ae9bb$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 8:33 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>
> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/

Life imitating art imitating life.
What will they think of next? :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Dec 2016 16:06:35
Message: <585aeedb$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 3:44 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 8:33 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
>> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>>
>> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/
>
> Life imitating art imitating life.
> What will they think of next? :-)

indeed

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 21 Dec 2016 17:16:19
Message: <585aff33$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.12.2016 um 21:33 schrieb Kevin Wampler:
> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>
> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/

Meh. They obviously forgot to turn off radiosity.

Post a reply to this message

> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>
> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/

Now someone recreate these in POV :-)

Post a reply to this message

> Am 21.12.2016 um 21:33 schrieb Kevin Wampler:
>> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
>> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>>
>> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/
>
> Meh. They obviously forgot to turn off radiosity.

and the gamma is al wrong.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 22/12/2016 08:35, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 21-12-2016 23:16, clipka wrote:
>> Am 21.12.2016 um 21:33 schrieb Kevin Wampler:
>>> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
>>> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>>>
>>> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/
>>
>> Meh. They obviously forgot to turn off radiosity.
>>

> and the gamma is al wrong.

Needs more AA too.

And there's some weird double-reflection artefact in the plane on the
first image.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 12:33:30 -0800, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>
> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/

That's pretty cool :)

a fission-fusion-fission weapon .... oh wait...   :|

Post a reply to this message

On 2016/12/21 11:06 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 3:44 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/21/2016 8:33 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>>> I've seen a number of threads on renders that look just like
>>> photographs, but how about photographs that look like renders:
>>>
>>> http://skrekkogle.com/still-file/
>>
>> Life imitating art imitating life.
>> What will they think of next? :-)
>>

> indeed