POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pet Rock Syndrome Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Pet Rock Syndrome (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Pet Rock Syndrome
Date: 18 Dec 2016 11:53:57
Message: <5856bf25$1@news.povray.org>
Remember the "Pet Rock" craze that was going around back in the day ...
well believe it or not I think this takes it to a whole other level:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/technology/emoji-translator-job-language/

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Pet Rock Syndrome
Date: 18 Dec 2016 21:28:32
Message: <585745d0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.12.2016 um 17:53 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> Remember the "Pet Rock" craze that was going around back in the day ...
> well believe it or not I think this takes it to a whole other level:
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/technology/emoji-translator-job-language/

I utterly fail to see the connection to pet rocks.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 18.12.2016 um 17:53 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>> Remember the "Pet Rock" craze that was going around back in the day ...
>> well believe it or not I think this takes it to a whole other level:
>>
>> http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/technology/emoji-translator-job-language/
>
> I utterly fail to see the connection to pet rocks.

a fad!!!!

Post a reply to this message

On 12/19/2016 5:54 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 12/18/2016 9:28 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 18.12.2016 um 17:53 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>>> Remember the "Pet Rock" craze that was going around back in the day ...
>>> well believe it or not I think this takes it to a whole other level:
>>>
>>> http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/technology/emoji-translator-job-language/
>>>

>> I utterly fail to see the connection to pet rocks.
>
> a fad!!!!

A "fad" that is as old as Usenet at the very least?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Am 21.12.2016 um 06:07 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 12/19/2016 5:54 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:

>>> I utterly fail to see the connection to pet rocks.
>>
>> a fad!!!!
>>

> A "fad" that is as old as Usenet at the very least?
>
> Mike

Nah. Those were smileys. These are emojis. _Totally_ different thing ;)

Post a reply to this message

> Am 21.12.2016 um 06:07 schrieb Mike Horvath:

>>> a fad!!!!
>>>

>> A "fad" that is as old as Usenet at the very least?
>>
>> Mike
>
> Nah. Those were smileys. These are emojis. _Totally_ different thing ;)

In Mozilla Thunderbird, they are _exactly_ the same thing!

Post a reply to this message