POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pet Rock Syndrome Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:45:17 EDT (-0400)
  Pet Rock Syndrome (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Pet Rock Syndrome
Date: 21 Dec 2016 15:15:01
Message: <585ae2c5$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 11:51 AM, Stephen wrote:

> Go to menu "Tools - Options", choose "Display", then "Formatting".
> Uncheck "Display emoticons as graphics". Confirm with "OK" :-)
>
> GIYF

Fabulous, thanks!  Strangely I didn't even consider googling it.  I
guess in retrospect I was more interested in complaining than in
actually fixing it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Dec 2016 15:37:52
Message: <585ae820$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 8:15 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 11:51 AM, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Go to menu "Tools - Options", choose "Display", then "Formatting".
>> Uncheck "Display emoticons as graphics". Confirm with "OK" :-)
>>
>> GIYF
>>

> Fabulous, thanks!  Strangely I didn't even consider googling it.

Funny how those of us that have been using computers since before the
internet do that. ;-)

> I guess in retrospect I was more interested in complaining than in
> actually fixing it.

:-)

My complaint is that I have to remember if the recipient used Windoze or
Linux. And whether I should use [colon] [dash] [close brackets] or
[colon] [close brackets]. But that is a matter of self congratulatory
pride. ;-)

Now if I could make everyone put a LF CR after the double dash in their
sigs to stop the sig being incorporated in the reply. I would be very
happy indeed. (Yes Jim Henderson. I am talking to you. :P )

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> My complaint is that I have to remember if the recipient used Windoze or
> Linux. And whether I should use [colon] [dash] [close brackets] or
> [colon] [close brackets]. But that is a matter of self congratulatory
> pride. ;-)

I applaud your attention to detail (^_^)

Post a reply to this message

On 12/21/2016 8:48 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 12:37 PM, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> My complaint is that I have to remember if the recipient used Windoze or
>> Linux. And whether I should use [colon] [dash] [close brackets] or
>> [colon] [close brackets]. But that is a matter of self congratulatory
>> pride. ;-)
>>

> I applaud your attention to detail (^_^)

I am practising my OCD.

--

Regards
     Stephen