POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm done with Logitech! What's a good brand for headsets? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:43:58 EDT (-0400)
  I'm done with Logitech! What's a good brand for headsets? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: I'm done with Logitech! What's a good brand for headsets?
Date: 6 Dec 2016 17:24:44
Message: <58473aac$1@news.povray.org>
And trackballs while I'm at it.

I used to have a Logitech trackball for my laptop, because I hate touch
pads. It started acting flaky around the time I switched to GNU/Linux,
then quit entirely shortly thereafter. Due to the timing, I assumed that
it was some compatibility issue.

Then last year, I bought a stereo headset. A few months ago, the right
earphone started cutting out intermittently, and I would have to jiggle
the cord a bit to get it to reconnect. But now it's to the point where
both earphones are constantly cutting out, the volume wavers, often
being barely audible, and jiggling the cord does little to no good.

Now I think the timing of the trackball problem was just a coincidence.
Having both items fail due to faltering connections, more likely not.
I'm done with Logitech's crappy products.

I bought Logitech as the path of least resistance: the local OfficeMax
has shelves and shelves stocked with Logitech products. But when I
checked there this afternoon, all I they had was Logitech, Logitech,
Logitech, except for a couple of forlorn mono headsets of some
unfamiliar brand, which I was uninterested in, because they were mono.

Bose is the obvious top of the line for headsets, but I saw none today.
But I don't need top of the line; I just need something inexpensive that
doesn't fail in a little over a year. Plus, I'd like a new trackball
anyway. Any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message