POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I_visited_Dr._John_in_hospital_today… Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:03:41 EDT (-0400)
  I_visited_Dr._John_in_hospital_today… (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Stephen
Subject: I_visited_Dr._John_in_hospital_today…
Date: 18 Nov 2016 14:13:04
Message: <582f52c0$1@news.povray.org>
He sends his regards. He has had a few setbacks in his treatments and
is out of remission but he has thrown the dice again and is on a new
experimental drug trial based at a hospital in the States.
To make that more interesting the stem cell donor has either withdrawn
or cannot be found. We live in interesting times. ;)
You will never guess what he asked me to take to the hospital for him. A
half oz. of rolling tobacco and a packet of small green papers. I’ve
done some questionable things like working for multinational oil
companies but I have never taken tobacco into a cancer ward. A new low
for me. :-)
His spirits are high and he is fighting as hard as ever and making the
nurse’s life as difficult as you would think.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>     He sends his regards. He has had a few setbacks in his treatments
> and is out of remission but he has thrown the dice again and is on a new
> experimental drug trial based at a hospital in the States.
> To make that more interesting the stem cell donor has either withdrawn
> or cannot be found. We live in interesting times. ;)
> You will never guess what he asked me to take to the hospital for him. A
> half oz. of rolling tobacco and a packet of small green papers. I’ve
> done some questionable things like working for multinational oil
> companies but I have never taken tobacco into a cancer ward. A new low
> for me. :-)
> His spirits are high and he is fighting as hard as ever and making the
> nurse’s life as difficult as you would think.

Send our greetings whenever you see him.

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:12:56 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> He sends his regards. He has had a few setbacks in his treatments and is
> out of remission but he has thrown the dice again and is on a new
> experimental drug trial based at a hospital in the States.
> To make that more interesting the stem cell donor has either withdrawn
> or cannot be found. We live in interesting times. ;)
> You will never guess what he asked me to take to the hospital for him. A
> half oz. of rolling tobacco and a packet of small green papers. I’ve
> done some questionable things like working for multinational oil
> companies but I have never taken tobacco into a cancer ward. A new low
> for me. :-)
> His spirits are high and he is fighting as hard as ever and making the
> nurse’s life as difficult as you would think.

Thanks for the update, Stephen.  This cancer is a nasty, nasty strain
(though arguably, no cancer isn't - this one is particularly nasty,
though).  Here's hoping he gets back into remission and they find another
suitable donor.

Jim

>     He sends his regards. He has had a few setbacks in his treatments
> and is out of remission but he has thrown the dice again and is on a new
> experimental drug trial based at a hospital in the States.
> To make that more interesting the stem cell donor has either withdrawn
> or cannot be found. We live in interesting times. ;)
> You will never guess what he asked me to take to the hospital for him. A
> half oz. of rolling tobacco and a packet of small green papers. I’ve
> done some questionable things like working for multinational oil
> companies but I have never taken tobacco into a cancer ward. A new low
> for me. :-)
> His spirits are high and he is fighting as hard as ever and making the
> nurse’s life as difficult as you would think.

I feared as much ... emailed him several weeks ago and it went
unanswered. Next time you see or talk to him mention that his brother
from another mother has been thinking about him