POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open source C++ model viewing program Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Open source C++ model viewing program (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Open source C++ model viewing program
Date: 24 Oct 2016 20:19:20
Message: <580ea508$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone with some C++ experience want to help by making some small
adjustments to a model viewing program?

:) :) :) :)

It is a program called LDView, and slightly POV-Ray related. (It can
load LDRaw files and export POV-Ray files.)

https://github.com/tcobbs/ldview

I just need a new camera mode that simulates WASD controls in FPS games.

1. W, A, S, and D control the forward, backward and lateral movement on
a flat plane.
2. Mouselook like in (nearly) every FPS.
3. Two extra keys to raise and lower the camera vertically. (Home and
End maybe? Not sure.)

Maybe after Christmas I can offer some sort of payment for the work.

Mike