POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A word of warning to the wise Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  A word of warning to the wise (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Doctor John
Subject: A word of warning to the wise
Date: 6 Sep 2016 02:59:06
Message: <57ce693a$1@news.povray.org>
Just as we Linuxers were sitting back and congratulating ourselves about
our system security, this pops up its evil little head:
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/pokemon-themed-umbreon-linux-rootkit-hits-x86-arm-systems/

No need to panic yet since it has to be manually installed (the attacker
has to break into your system first) but it might be sensible to keep an
eye open. Lots of detail in the link

Doctor 'Paranoia is my middle name' John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 07:59:06 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Just as we Linuxers were sitting back and congratulating ourselves about
> our system security, this pops up its evil little head:
> http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/pokemon-
themed-umbreon-linux-rootkit-hits-x86-arm-systems/

> No need to panic yet since it has to be manually installed (the attacker
> has to break into your system first) but it might be sensible to keep an
> eye open. Lots of detail in the link
>
> Doctor 'Paranoia is my middle name' John

The price for security is eternal vigilance. :)