POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 61 to 70 of 642)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Long threads
Date: 30 Jul 2016 03:04:08
Message: <579c5168@news.povray.org>
On 30-7-2016 4:12, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Not me. I am hopeless at games. I've played: Kingdom on a PDP11,
>> Colossus Cave on a unix machine connected to my terminal by Tropo
>> Scatter.
>
> Colossal Cave Adventure - I have yet to play much of it.
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/colossal-cave-adventure/9wzdncrdlv4h
>
> I had access to an actual Vax once, but didn't have much in the way of
> legitimate reasons to use it for my job.

I have excellent memories about Colossal Cave! We played it at work over
a telephone line to a Vax. The excuse was that it helped to learn the
ins and outs of computer use and programming ;-) Surprisingly, it did,
especially those people suspicious and afraid of all things digital at
the time.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message