POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 573 to 582 of 642)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A new branch
Date: 26 Sep 2016 16:41:31
Message: <57e987fb$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:01:24 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 26/09/16 20:49, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 20:32:25 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>>> I shall now head to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOR8VFMKiY
>>>
>>> Clifton (and its suspension bridge)
>>
>> Well, if it's bridges, then Archway is the natural next step.
>>
>> So I'll not be doing that, then.
>>
>> The DLR to Blackwall.
>>

> That's a tunnel! Are you trying to confuse us?

Take what advantages you can, that's what I was taught. :)

From: Stephen
Date: 26 Sep 2016 18:09:27
Message: <57e99c97$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/26/2016 9:01 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 26/09/16 20:49, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 20:32:25 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>>> I shall now head to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOR8VFMKiY
>>>
>>> Clifton (and its suspension bridge)
>>
>> Well, if it's bridges, then Archway is the natural next step.
>>
>> So I'll not be doing that, then.
>>
>> The DLR to Blackwall.
>>

> That's a tunnel!

Oh, that's a type of diode.
Brian Josephson was jointly awarded a Nobel Prize in Physics for work on
superconductivity and quantum tunnelling.

So it's Cardiff, boyo.

> Are you trying to confuse us?

What do you mean us?

And who goes next is anyone's guess.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 23:09:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 9/26/2016 9:01 PM, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Well, if it's bridges, then Archway is the natural next step.
>>>
>>> So I'll not be doing that, then.
>>>
>>> The DLR to Blackwall.
>>>

>> That's a tunnel!
>
> Oh, that's a type of diode.
> Brian Josephson was jointly awarded a Nobel Prize in Physics for work on
> superconductivity and quantum tunnelling.
>
> So it's Cardiff, boyo.

Don't fall in the rift, then. :D

>> Are you trying to confuse us?
>>

> What do you mean us?
>
> And who goes next is anyone's guess.

I believe it's John's go next.

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 23:09:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> That's a tunnel!
>>
>> Oh, that's a type of diode.
>> Brian Josephson was jointly awarded a Nobel Prize in Physics for work on
>> superconductivity and quantum tunnelling.
>>
>> So it's Cardiff, boyo.
>
> Don't fall in the rift, then. :D

Who fell in the rift?

>>> Are you trying to confuse us?
>>>

>> What do you mean us?
>>
>> And who goes next <snip>

No he doesn't, he just fell in the rift

> I believe it's John's go next.

I've been ordered to go and get fruit and veg from the market. So:

Nine Elms (for New Covent Garden)
Fittingly, the music is a small fruit song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajor8bl8uHc
I wish I could play guitar like that

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:10:02 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

>> Don't fall in the rift, then. :D
>>

> Who fell in the rift?

Stephen, apparently.  Which makes it my go while he climbs out.

>>> What do you mean us?
>>>
>>> And who goes next <snip>
>>

> No he doesn't, he just fell in the rift

What? ;)

>> I believe it's John's go next.
>>

> I've been ordered to go and get fruit and veg from the market. So:
>
> Nine Elms (for New Covent Garden)
> Fittingly, the music is a small fruit song.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajor8bl8uHc I wish I could play guitar
> like that

Given that Stephen has fallen in the rift, I'm going to hesitate slightly
before going to Hyde Park.

On 9/27/2016 5:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:10:02 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>
>>> Don't fall in the rift, then. :D
>>>

>> Who fell in the rift?
>
> Stephen, apparently.  Which makes it my go while he climbs out.

>> No he doesn't, he just fell in the rift
>
> What? ;)
>
>>> I believe it's John's go next.
>>>

>> I've been ordered to go and get fruit and veg from the market. So:
>>
>> Nine Elms (for New Covent Garden)
>> Fittingly, the music is a small fruit song.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajor8bl8uHc I wish I could play guitar
>> like that
>
> Given that Stephen has fallen in the rift, I'm going to hesitate slightly
> before going to Hyde Park.

I a i a
t   n n
   r   d