POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
6 Oct 2024 21:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 513 to 522 of 642)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Is it not your turn?
Date: 23 Sep 2016 14:06:35
Message: <57e56f2b$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:45:18 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 9/23/2016 5:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Bugs Bunny - a common joke in classic Looney Toons cartoons was Bugs
>> saying "I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albequerque!".
>>
>> I thought those made it overseas - perhaps not.:)
>

> Indeed it did and you remind me of it.
> And to us, Albuquerque (Mr. Google says you spelt it wrong ^^) was as
> remote and exotic as Timbuktu.

Yeah, I did misspell it.  Shame on me. :)

> The little I saw of the city was positive.

:)

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: A new branch
Date: 23 Sep 2016 14:48:00
Message: <57e578e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/09/16 17:41, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Which takes me to Qikiqtarjuac Airport, to see "le bear polar". :)

Are you sure you spelled that right? Or did the cat just walk over your
keyboard? :-)

... and my move is:

Malvinas Argentinas International Airport, Ushuaia

Now I'm as far away from Jim as it is possible to get (on this board anyway)

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

On 9/23/2016 7:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:45:18 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 9/23/2016 5:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Bugs Bunny - a common joke in classic Looney Toons cartoons was Bugs
>>> saying "I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albequerque!".
>>>
>>> I thought those made it overseas - perhaps not.:)
>>

>> Indeed it did and you remind me of it.
>> And to us, Albuquerque (Mr. Google says you spelt it wrong ^^) was as
>> remote and exotic as Timbuktu.
>
> Yeah, I did misspell it.  Shame on me. :)

Well in your defence I thought it might have been an original spelling.
But then, who am I to criticise spelling.

>> The little I saw of the city was positive.
>
> :)

It was. It looked attractive and the people I spoke to at the interval
seemed very surprised and pleased that anyone would drive 300 miles to
see a Pinter play. But then I bet they had never spent a weekend in
Hobbs. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 9/23/2016 7:48 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 23/09/16 17:41, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Which takes me to Qikiqtarjuac Airport, to see "le bear polar". :)
>>

> Are you sure you spelled that right? Or did the cat just walk over your
> keyboard? :-)
>
> .... and my move is:
>
> Malvinas Argentinas International Airport, Ushuaia

Shame on you. Falklands.

Huff!

> Now I'm as far away from Jim as it is possible to get (on this board anyway)

The Royal Mile Edinburgh.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 9/23/2016 7:48 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Malvinas Argentinas International Airport, Ushuaia
>>

> Shame on you. Falklands.
>
> Huff!

No way! It's a legitimate rule and that is its official name as ratified
by ICAO

>> Now I'm as far away from Jim as it is possible to get (on this board
>> anyway)
>>

> The Royal Mile Edinburgh.

Visiting the Ensign Ewart are we? (It's the highest pub in Edinburgh)

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

> No way! It's a legitimate rule and that is its official name as ratified
> by ICAO

For 'rule' read 'move'

On 9/23/2016 8:20 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 23/09/16 20:01, Stephen wrote:
>> On 9/23/2016 7:48 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> Malvinas Argentinas International Airport, Ushuaia
>>>

>> Shame on you. Falklands.
>>
>> Huff!
>>

> No way! It's a legitimate rule and that is its official name as ratified
> by ICAO
>
>>> Now I'm as far away from Jim as it is possible to get (on this board
>>> anyway)
>>>

>> The Royal Mile Edinburgh.
>>

> Visiting the Ensign Ewart are we? (It's the highest pub in Edinburgh)

No, just taking the air now that the tourists have gone.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 9/23/2016 8:20 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Huff!
>> >
> No way! It's a legitimate rule and that is its official name as ratified
> by ICAO

B0ll0cks!

Still huff by our rules.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 9/23/2016 8:20 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Visiting the Ensign Ewart are we? (It's the highest pub in Edinburgh)
>>

> No, just taking the air now that the tourists have gone.

I believe you, but why are you holding that rather nice whisky tumbler?

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

> On 9/23/2016 8:20 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> Huff!
>>> >
>> No way! It's a legitimate rule and that is its official name as ratified
>> by ICAO
>>

> B0ll0cks!
>
> Still huff by our rules.

FFS 'A rose by any other name...'