POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
7 Oct 2024 15:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 423 to 432 of 642)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Short leg on.
Date: 15 Sep 2016 16:12:56
Message: <57db00c8$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:50:45 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 9/15/2016 7:00 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 15/09/16 17:15, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Covent Garden, also for the market and shops, as well as the juggling
>>> act I remember seeing the last time I was there.  If he's still
>>> juggling there, Samantha will be very impressed, because that's a long
>>> time to play with your balls. :)
>>>

>> Obviously, the theme is shopping so:
>> Bow Church (it's then just a short walk to the Roman Road Market)
>>

> Watford for a breath of air.

Somehow I missed it was my go.  Drink!

Since I can't go to Gondor, I'll go to White City.

Wait, Gondor is the White City, so Gondor it is. :D

>>> I believe they've written a book, entitled "Our Lives Getting It on
>>> Clue".
>>>

>> .... an interesting tome, unfortunately banned here under the Obscene
>> Publications Act. I believe Stephen has a copy
>>

> Only as an audio book.

I heard it was a dramatisation, or at least, the version you had was.
Apparently it goes and goes and goes.

On 9/15/2016 9:12 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:50:45 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Obviously, the theme is shopping so:
>>> Bow Church (it's then just a short walk to the Roman Road Market)
>>>

>> Watford for a breath of air.
>
> Somehow I missed it was my go.  Drink!
>
> Since I can't go to Gondor, I'll go to White City.
>
> Wait, Gondor is the White City, so Gondor it is. :D

Don't you mean Mordor?

>>> .... an interesting tome, unfortunately banned here under the Obscene
>>> Publications Act. I believe Stephen has a copy
>>>

>> Only as an audio book.
>
> I heard it was a dramatisation, or at least, the version you had was.
> Apparently it goes and goes and goes.

That's the abridged version. Mine is unabridged with hyperlinks.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 9/15/2016 9:12 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> >> Watford for a breath of air.
> >
> > Somehow I missed it was my go.  Drink!
> >
> > Since I can't go to Gondor, I'll go to White City.
> >
> > Wait, Gondor is the White City, so Gondor it is. :D
>
> Don't you mean Mordor?

Don't look at me. I've never read LoTR nor have I seen the films.

So my move has to be:
Barking

> >> Only as an audio book.
> >
> > I heard it was a dramatisation, or at least, the version you had was.
> > Apparently it goes and goes and goes.

....as does Stephen if you pour enough beer into him :-)

John

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 21:32:06 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Watford for a breath of air.
>>
>> Somehow I missed it was my go.  Drink!
>>
>> Since I can't go to Gondor, I'll go to White City.
>>
>> Wait, Gondor is the White City, so Gondor it is. :D
>
> Don't you mean Mordor?

Oh, no, I know what I meant.  Gondor is the White City. :)

>>> Only as an audio book.
>>
>> I heard it was a dramatisation, or at least, the version you had was.
>> Apparently it goes and goes and goes.
>>

> That's the abridged version. Mine is unabridged with hyperlinks.

That sounds exciting.  :)

On 9/15/2016 11:12 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>>> Somehow I missed it was my go.  Drink!
>>>
>>> Since I can't go to Gondor, I'll go to White City.
>>>
>>> Wait, Gondor is the White City, so Gondor it is. :D
>>
>> Don't you mean Mordor?
>>

> Don't look at me. I've never read LoTR nor have I seen the films.
>
> So my move has to be:
> Barking

Barking! Barking? It fits the bill. :)

The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
So I will paddle down the street to Little Venice. Paddington overground
station.

>>> I heard it was a dramatisation, or at least, the version you had was.
>>> Apparently it goes and goes and goes.
>
> .....as does Stephen if you pour enough beer into him :-)

Yip. Two snowballs, a creme de menthe and I am anyone's.
Add a bag of chips and I'm everyone's.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 07:16:47 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Don't look at me. I've never read LoTR nor have I seen the films.
>>
>> So my move has to be:
>> Barking
>>

> Barking! Barking? It fits the bill. :)
>
> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
> So I will paddle down the street to Little Venice. Paddington overground
> station.

Well, Elephant & Castle is the obvious choice after that thread.  So I'm
going to go to Tooting Bec to change it up a bit.

>> .....as does Stephen if you pour enough beer into him :-)
>>

> Yip. Two snowballs, a creme de menthe and I am anyone's.
> Add a bag of chips and I'm everyone's.

Piece of advice:  Do not, under any circumstances, put creme de menthe on
popcorn. :)

On 9/16/2016 4:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 07:16:47 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Don't look at me. I've never read LoTR nor have I seen the films.
>>>
>>> So my move has to be:
>>> Barking
>>>

>> Barking! Barking? It fits the bill. :)
>>
>> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
>> So I will paddle down the street to Little Venice. Paddington overground
>> station.
>
> Well, Elephant & Castle is the obvious choice after that thread.  So I'm
> going to go to Tooting Bec to change it up a bit.

Good move. Elephant & Castle was a bit too obvious.

>> Yip. Two snowballs, a creme de menthe and I am anyone's.
>> Add a bag of chips and I'm everyone's.
>
> Piece of advice:  Do not, under any circumstances, put creme de menthe on
> popcorn. :)

You know something?

http://www.popcornpopper.com/pebobocdeme.html

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:31:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Barking! Barking? It fits the bill. :)
>>>
>>> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
>>> So I will paddle down the street to Little Venice. Paddington
>>> overground station.
>>
>> Well, Elephant & Castle is the obvious choice after that thread.  So
>> I'm going to go to Tooting Bec to change it up a bit.
>>

> Good move. Elephant & Castle was a bit too obvious.

I thought so as well.  Clearly. :)

>>> Yip. Two snowballs, a creme de menthe and I am anyone's.
>>> Add a bag of chips and I'm everyone's.
>>
>> Piece of advice:  Do not, under any circumstances, put creme de menthe
>> on popcorn. :)
>>

> You know something?
>
> http://www.popcornpopper.com/pebobocdeme.html

Yeah, I've tried it.  Not that particular one, but there was a "specialty
popcorn shop" in Minneapolis when I was a kid, and I really wanted to try
that flavor - my parents thought it was a bad idea, but bought it anyways.

It was just *nasty*.

Jim

On 9/16/2016 5:57 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:31:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> Good move. Elephant & Castle was a bit too obvious.
>
> I thought so as well.  Clearly. :)

Indeed.

>> http://www.popcornpopper.com/pebobocdeme.html
>
> Yeah, I've tried it.  Not that particular one, but there was a "specialty
> popcorn shop" in Minneapolis when I was a kid, and I really wanted to try
> that flavor - my parents thought it was a bad idea, but bought it anyways.
>
> It was just *nasty*.

Toothpaste, the type you bought because it was cheap and you are too
mean to throw it away.

No idea why people drink it.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 19:27:02 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> http://www.popcornpopper.com/pebobocdeme.html
>>
>> Yeah, I've tried it.  Not that particular one, but there was a
>> "specialty popcorn shop" in Minneapolis when I was a kid, and I really
>> wanted to try that flavor - my parents thought it was a bad idea, but
>> bought it anyways.
>>
>> It was just *nasty*.
>>

> Toothpaste, the type you bought because it was cheap and you are too
> mean to throw it away.
>
> No idea why people drink it.

LOL, yeah, that sounds like it.