POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
8 Oct 2024 07:38:07 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 281 to 290 of 642)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Long threads
Date: 5 Sep 2016 15:57:01
Message: <57cdce0d$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:33:21 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 9/5/2016 10:58 AM, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Given John's H2G2 reference, Hyde Park Corner - on a moped.
>>>

>> Are you absolutely sure you want to do that? It leaves you open to both
>> fore and aft attacks. However, I have to admit that you are now
>> adequately covered against any penetration by Stephen's diagonal.
>>

> As you are. :P
>
>> Now, where was I? Oh, yes:
>> Goodge Street
>>

> Ooo! Close quarters. I love a melee. :)
>
> Euston.

Close quarters indeed - Leicester Square

Jim

From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Sep 2016 16:18:27
Message: <57cdd313$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/09/16 20:57, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:33:21 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 9/5/2016 10:58 AM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> Now, where was I? Oh, yes:
>>> Goodge Street
>>>

>> Ooo! Close quarters. I love a melee. :)
>>
>> Euston.
>
> Close quarters indeed - Leicester Square
>
> Jim

Hey, Jim, Do you fancy a bite of something to eat? If you stay where you
are I'll wander down to Piccadilly Circus and we can meet up at Wong Kei.*

*The rudest restaurant in Britain

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

>>> Ooo! Close quarters. I love a melee. :)
>>>
>>> Euston.
>>
>> Close quarters indeed - Leicester Square
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Hey, Jim, Do you fancy a bite of something to eat? If you stay where you
> are I'll wander down to Piccadilly Circus and we can meet up at Wong Kei.*

St George for England and St Pancras for Wales.
So it's Kings Cross.

> *The rudest restaurant in Britain

Not to mention the cheapest and most authentic Hong Kong style. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Hey, Jim, Do you fancy a bite of something to eat? If you stay where you
>> are I'll wander down to Piccadilly Circus and we can meet up at Wong
>> Kei.*
>>

> St George for England and St Pancras for Wales.
> So it's Kings Cross.

Hmm. I didn't expect that; I may have to rethink my strategy.

>> *The rudest restaurant in Britain
>>

> Not to mention the cheapest and most authentic Hong Kong style. :)

Indeedly-doodly.

Incidentally, it now looks as though I get my transplant sometime in
October. As soon as I get more information I will let you know so that
we can arrange a send-off meal. As you know, apart from the mortality
risk immediately after the transplant, I will have to avoid any place
with more than one or two other people gathered together for a few
months. (That's what I was calling about at the weekend)

John

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 21:18:27 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Hey, Jim, Do you fancy a bite of something to eat? If you stay where you
> are I'll wander down to Piccadilly Circus and we can meet up at Wong
> Kei.*

I am feeling a little peckish, yes.  :)

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 21:51:30 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> St George for England and St Pancras for Wales.
> So it's Kings Cross.

For Scotland, cricket, and St... Wisden -> St. John's Road.

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 21:51:30 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> St George for England and St Pancras for Wales.
>> So it's Kings Cross.
>
> For Scotland, cricket, and St... Wisden -> St. John's Road.

Nice move, Jim.
[Thinks about returning compliment on national games by referencing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_Ground ]

Oval

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 21:51:30 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> St George for England and St Pancras for Wales.
>> So it's Kings Cross.
>
> For Scotland, cricket, and St... Wisden -> St. John's Road.

BTW, chaps, I'm thinking about forking* this thread before it breaks
Thunderbird. Any opinions? I'd suggest moving down to the bottom as a
continuation of Stephen's 'Help! I am a prisoner in a Long Thread Factory'.

* No, Samantha. I said forking, FORKING, F-O-R-K- .... Oh, never mind.

John

On 9/3/2016 10:51 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 31/08/16 23:06, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Oh! How I regret it. ;)
>>

> Well, I had to prove you wrong somehow.
>
> John
>

> On 9/6/2016 7:30 AM, Doctor John wrote:

>>> For Scotland, cricket, and St... Wisden -> St. John's Road.
>>>

>> Nice move, Jim.
>> [Thinks about returning compliment on national games by referencing
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_Ground ]
>>
>> Oval

Bebop Man!

Russell Square.

Hip, very hip.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 9/5/2016 10:32 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Incidentally, it now looks as though I get my transplant sometime in
> October. As soon as I get more information I will let you know so that
> we can arrange a send-off meal.

Where am I going? ;)

> As you know, apart from the mortality
> risk immediately after the transplant, I will have to avoid any place
> with more than one or two other people gathered together for a few
> months. (That's what I was calling about at the weekend)

Sorry, I've been getting spam. No voice mail?

I'll get on the dog when I can find my teeth and brain.

--

Regards
     Stephen