POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I the only one... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:07:21 EDT (-0400)
  Am I the only one... (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: clipka
Subject: Am I the only one...
Date: 21 Jul 2016 13:01:33
Message: <5790ffed@news.povray.org>
... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
like:

    "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Am I the only one...
Date: 21 Jul 2016 13:13:09
Message: <579102a5@news.povray.org>
Am 21.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb clipka:
> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
> like:
>
>     "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"

... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jul 2016 14:56:05
Message: <57911ac5$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2016 6:13 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 21.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb clipka:
>> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
>> like:
>>
>>      "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"
>
> .... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?

Woosh!
Went over my head. Sorry.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jul 2016 15:06:13
Message: <57911d25$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2016 2:55 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 7/21/2016 6:13 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 21.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb clipka:
>>> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
>>> like:
>>>
>>>      "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"
>>
>> .... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
>> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?
>>

> Woosh!
> Went over my head. Sorry.

well ok a mild pun ... half credits worth

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 21 Jul 2016 15:12:51
Message: <57911eb3$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/07/16 19:55, Stephen wrote:
> On 7/21/2016 6:13 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 21.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb clipka:
>>> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
>>> like:
>>>
>>>      "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"
>>
>> .... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
>> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?
>>

> Woosh!
> Went over my head. Sorry.

Don't worry, Stephen, all that coding has eventually damaged his grip on
reality.

"Nurse! clipka's been spitting out his Dried Frog pills again"

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jul 2016 15:16:05
Message: <57911f75$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2016 1:13 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 21.07.2016 um 19:01 schrieb clipka:
>> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
>> like:
>>
>>     "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"
>
> ... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?

not to mention that he got trumped by his own boss last night ... lol
what a train wreck. mark my words (just saying ... not hoping) the
election will be decided by the supreme court and ginsberg will be sorry
she ever said a word

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jul 2016 15:41:36
Message: <57912570$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2016 8:12 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 21/07/16 19:55, Stephen wrote:

>>> .... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
>>> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?
>>>

>> Woosh!
>> Went over my head. Sorry.
>>
> Don't worry, Stephen, all that coding has eventually damaged his grip on
> reality.

It had to happen sometime.

> "Nurse! clipka's been spitting out his Dried Frog pills again"

Snap! <Sound of rubber glove being fitted.> ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 21 Jul 2016 15:53:43
Message: <57912847@news.povray.org>
Am 21.07.2016 um 21:12 schrieb Doctor John:
> On 21/07/16 19:55, Stephen wrote:

>>> .... also, will this guy be still of any value on election day, with the
>>> Brexit putting pressure on the Pound?
>>>

>> Woosh!
>> Went over my head. Sorry.
>>
> Don't worry, Stephen, all that coding has eventually damaged his grip on
> reality.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 21 Jul 2016 16:17:07
Message: <57912dc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/07/16 20:53, clipka wrote:

> "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

OMG. The situation is worse than I feared; he's found a reality weirder
than p.o-t.

"Doctors Stephen and Jim, prepare the strong drinks."

John

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jul 2016 18:51:56
Message: <5791520c@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2016 9:17 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 21/07/16 20:53, clipka wrote:
>>
>> "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
>>

> OMG. The situation is worse than I feared; he's found a reality weirder
> than p.o-t.
>
> "Doctors Stephen and Jim, prepare the strong drinks."

     Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
     Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
     Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
     Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
     For a charm of powerful trouble,
     Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)

--

Regards
     Stephen