POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I the only one... Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:04:50 EDT (-0400)
  Am I the only one... (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Am I the only one...
Date: 21 Jul 2016 19:10:43
Message: <57915673$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 19:01:32 +0200, clipka wrote:

> ... who, these days, finds it hard to resist the urge to make cheap puns
> like:
>
>     "Liar, liar, Pence on fire"

That's a good one. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jul 2016 19:11:53
Message: <579156b9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:17:06 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 21/07/16 20:53, clipka wrote:
>>
>> "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
>>

> OMG. The situation is worse than I feared; he's found a reality weirder
> than p.o-t.
>
> "Doctors Stephen and Jim, prepare the strong drinks."

Strong drinks at the standby. :)

Dr. Jim

From: clipka
Date: 21 Jul 2016 23:15:30
Message: <57918fd2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.07.2016 um 00:51 schrieb Stephen:
> On 7/21/2016 9:17 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 21/07/16 20:53, clipka wrote:
>>>
>>> "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
>>>

>> OMG. The situation is worse than I feared; he's found a reality weirder
>> than p.o-t.
>>
>> "Doctors Stephen and Jim, prepare the strong drinks."
>>

>     Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
>     Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
>     Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
>     Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
>     For a charm of powerful trouble,
>     Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
>
> That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)

Something is rotten in the States of A. (*), so methinks a mug of Sir
William's concoction is of dire need.

(*Fye on't! O fye! 'tis an unweeded garden,
that grows atop things rank and gross in nature)

Post a reply to this message

>>> OMG. The situation is worse than I feared; he's found a reality weirder
>>> than p.o-t.
>>>
>>> "Doctors Stephen and Jim, prepare the strong drinks."
>>>

>>      Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
>>      Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
>>      Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
>>      Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
>>      For a charm of powerful trouble,
>>      Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
>>
>> That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)
>
> Something is rotten in the States of A. (*), so methinks a mug of Sir
> William's concoction is of dire need.

That was just a recipe I keep handy, in case of need.

	Nurse Stephen.

> (*Fye on't! O fye! 'tis an unweeded garden,
> that grows atop things rank and gross in nature)

Who will do the weeding? Aye, there's the rub.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)

A wee one?! A gentleman's measure at the very least (two would be better).

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

On 7/22/2016 9:37 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 21/07/16 23:51, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)
>>

> A wee one?! A gentleman's measure at the very least (two would be better).

Anything you can't actually drown in. Can be considered a wee one.
Don't ya think?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 7/22/2016 9:37 AM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 21/07/16 23:51, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> That sort of strong drink? Or would a wee Grouse do the trick? :)
>>>

>> A wee one?! A gentleman's measure at the very least (two would be
>> better).
>>

> Anything you can't actually drown in. Can be considered a wee one.
> Don't ya think?

OK. I'll give you that one.
[Accidentally nudges Stephen's elbow as he pours the libation]

John

On 7/22/2016 9:54 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 22/07/16 09:46, Stephen wrote:

>>> A wee one?! A gentleman's measure at the very least (two would be
>>> better).
>>>

>> Anything you can't actually drown in. Can be considered a wee one.
>> Don't ya think?
>>

> OK. I'll give you that one.

I'll put it on the slate.

> [Accidentally nudges Stephen's elbow as he pours the libation]

Who twists and gyrates, spilling not a drop and showing a hitherto
unexpected agility that belies his years.
[Working in the Pig and Whistle as a bar waiter has left its mark.]

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Who twists and gyrates, spilling not a drop and showing a hitherto
> unexpected agility that belies his years.
> [Working in the Pig and Whistle as a bar waiter has left its mark.]

...and there was me thinking that your agility was gained in the
avoidance of your creditors :-D

John

On 7/22/2016 11:01 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 22/07/16 10:13, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Who twists and gyrates, spilling not a drop and showing a hitherto
>> unexpected agility that belies his years.
>> [Working in the Pig and Whistle as a bar waiter has left its mark.]
>>

> ....and there was me thinking that your agility was gained in the
> avoidance of your creditors :-D

They seek him here, they seek him there
His debts are loud, but never square...

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>