POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war (Message 1 to 10 of 48)
From: Doctor John
Subject: You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war
Date: 29 May 2016 18:47:16
Message: <574b7174$1@news.povray.org>
... so, it's time to let you let you all what's happening to me.

In September last year I was diagnosed as having Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
It's relatively rare and thus difficult to treat. It's also diagnosed
late, mainly because it shows few, if any, symptoms in its early stages;
by the time I was diagnosed I was at stage 4b. This was not good.

Luckily, I was assigned a brilliant consultant, David Wrench (a Scot,
but don't hold that against him), who fought to have me included in a
new trial protocol that has a fighting chance of preventing me from
joining the Choir Invisible for a few years yet. I get a PET scan in
about 10 days time to confirm our suspicions that I may be heading for
remission. If that is actually the case then I get a Stem Cell
Transplant in the late Summer.

I tell you this so that you don't all wonder why I might have
disappeared from the ng in a few month's time.

Oh, nearly forgot: What's the Subject line about? I'm just a foot
soldier who volunteered to be part of the Forlorn Hope. If it all works
we'll be one step closer to ridding the world of cancer.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents