POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war (Message 39 to 48 of 48)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: You don't have to be in the army to fight in the war
Date: 3 Jun 2016 13:49:51
Message: <5751c33f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 00:15:59 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 02/06/16 03:05, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> That is promising news.  I think Stephen may have shared with you that
>> my sister-in-law's husband was diagnosed with MCL about 2.5 years ago.
>> Sadly, he was not diagnosed in time, but he hung in there as long as he
>> could to provide data about this form of cancer because it's so rare.
>>
>> We wish you the very best success in your treatment - with hopes that
>> the PET scan shows you are going into remission.
>>
>> Jim
>>
> Many thanks for the good wishes.
>
> I was sorry to learn about your family loss; however, the knowledge
> would not have changed my outlook. I look at the statistics for survival
> rather than those for less positive outcomes. He sounds like he was a
> man after my own heart: if I don't get through, I will have, at the
> least, helped pave the way for others.

Larry was a pretty unique individual - at the core, he was generous to a
fault, and remained that way up until the end.  Sadly, we did not get to
talk to him directly after his diagnosis, but everything we heard about
him was completely in character.

When you come to the US, if you're in our neck of the woods (near
Seattle), we'll have to have a pint and I can tell you stories - like of
the life-sized trebuchet he built.

> Incidentally, I'm quite proud of having MCL. If I have to go then it's a
> rarity that takes me rather than something common :-D

LOL - I admire your spirit in light of such news.

Jim