POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too Much Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Too Much (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Too Much
Date: 21 May 2016 03:45:33
Message: <5740121d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/21/2016 8:00 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> The right place for one sandal when turning away in disgust is one the
>>> head, right to cover the hairs. Should it be the left or the right
>>> sandal is left as a dilemma for the unenlightened reader.
>>>

>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>> In effect you are saying. "Put the boot in to the head."
>> A bit extreme IMO.
>
> Not the way of a philosopher.

Did I ever say that I was one?
Anyway, that was the only way it makes sense, in the light of rereading
The Wee Free Men.

>> Oh! and the answer to your question is. With the one you're not standing
>> on. A bit basic, really. :-P
>>

> However, when you have the luxury of an extra pair of sandals....

You also have the luxury of worrying who will steal them.
It is probably good for your soul or something. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>> In effect you are saying. "Put the boot in to the head."
>>> A bit extreme IMO.
>>
>> Not the way of a philosopher.
>>

> Did I ever say that I was one?
> Anyway, that was the only way it makes sense, in the light of rereading
> The Wee Free Men.

I confess I had not made the connection. I am not acquainted with /all/
the facets of the Discworld unfortunately.

>>> Oh! and the answer to your question is. With the one you're not standing
>>> on. A bit basic, really. :-P
>>>

>> However, when you have the luxury of an extra pair of sandals....
>
> You also have the luxury of worrying who will steal them.
> It is probably good for your soul or something. ;)

Yes. The world is bad, bad, bad...

--
Thomas