POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Quantum Pov, soon? (Message 51 to 60 of 130)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
Date: 9 May 2016 07:40:08
Message: <57307718$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/05/16 12:22, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 9-5-2016 13:12, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>> For no apparent reason, I was immediately reminded of Leonard Cohen's
>> 'Anthem'.
>>
>> There is a crack, a crack in everything
>> That's how the light gets in.
>>

> Somehow, I think this would be an interesting Challenge for the TC-RTC.

Good idea! But rather than just those lines, why not use the whole song
as a source of inspiration?
There are several lines that conjure up (for me at least) some amazing
mental imagery.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 9 May 2016 07:48:54
Message: <57307926$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2016 12:22 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 9-5-2016 13:12, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 09/05/16 11:12, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, but I got it from  James Blish's 1954 short story "Beep"
>>> I'm sure there is a line that says physics is physics and you can't play
>>> the cracks of the piano
>>>

>> For no apparent reason, I was immediately reminded of Leonard Cohen's
>> 'Anthem'.
>>
>> There is a crack, a crack in everything
>> That's how the light gets in.
>>

> Somehow, I think this would be an interesting Challenge for the TC-RTC.

Seconded.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 9 May 2016 07:50:26
Message: <57307982$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2016 12:40 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 09/05/16 12:22, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 9-5-2016 13:12, Doctor John wrote:
>>>
>>> For no apparent reason, I was immediately reminded of Leonard Cohen's
>>> 'Anthem'.
>>>
>>> There is a crack, a crack in everything
>>> That's how the light gets in.
>>>

>> Somehow, I think this would be an interesting Challenge for the TC-RTC.
>>

> Good idea! But rather than just those lines, why not use the whole song
> as a source of inspiration?
> There are several lines that conjure up (for me at least) some amazing
> mental imagery.

Don't hold your breath. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 9 May 2016 08:13:12
Message: <57307ed8$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2016 11:20 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Tangentially:
>
> https://hackaday.com/2016/04/30/megaprocessor-is-a-macro-microprocessor/

There are some strange people in the world. I've read about a couple of
projects like that.

 > Apparently the LEDs consume most of the power. And where I was thinking

 > that LEDs are extremely low-power...

He uses 10,548 LEDs and at 20 milliamps a pop. That makes, how many amps...?

Now how does he do that?

--

Regards
     Stephen