POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remarquable Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:41:27 EDT (-0400)
  Remarquable (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Remarquable
Date: 28 Mar 2016 07:50:43
Message: <56f91a93$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35910492

"Mr Luckey said he only had one regret about the stunt, which was
wearing flip-flops while walking around in Alaska during the winter."

LOL

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Remarquable
Date: 28 Mar 2016 08:16:32
Message: <56f920a0$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/28/2016 12:50 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35910492
>
> "Mr Luckey said he only had one regret about the stunt, which was
> wearing flip-flops while walking around in Alaska during the winter."
>
> LOL

It is a nice gesture. Not the flip flops, :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 3/28/2016 12:50 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35910492
>>
>> "Mr Luckey said he only had one regret about the stunt, which was
>> wearing flip-flops while walking around in Alaska during the winter."
>>
>> LOL
>>

> It is a nice gesture. Not the flip flops, :)

No question whatsoever about the gesture but how alien can you be to go
to Alaska wearing flip-flops, in winter? Californian I guess; no idea
what the world is like outside. :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 3/29/2016 8:16 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 28-3-2016 14:16, Stephen wrote:
>> On 3/28/2016 12:50 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35910492
>>>
>>> "Mr Luckey said he only had one regret about the stunt, which was
>>> wearing flip-flops while walking around in Alaska during the winter."
>>>
>>> LOL
>>>

>> It is a nice gesture. Not the flip flops, :)
>>

> No question whatsoever about the gesture but how alien can you be to go
> to Alaska wearing flip-flops, in winter? Californian I guess; no idea
> what the world is like outside. :-)

Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> It is a nice gesture. Not the flip flops, :)
>>>

>> No question whatsoever about the gesture but how alien can you be to go
>> to Alaska wearing flip-flops, in winter? Californian I guess; no idea
>> what the world is like outside. :-)
>>

> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.

Indeed it does. I always keep amazed by my fellow humans...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.

We're talking about Americans. They'd have worn flip-flops on the moon
if they hadn't found them difficult to keep pressurized.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:21:46 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> It is a nice gesture. Not the flip flops, :)
>>>

>> No question whatsoever about the gesture but how alien can you be to go
>> to Alaska wearing flip-flops, in winter? Californian I guess; no idea
>> what the world is like outside. :-)
>>

> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.

I would agree - I did that once, in Bermuda, and I could barely walk
after walking around for a day on the cobblestone streets.

If you're going to wear something like that, make sure it's got proper
arch support.  Birkinstock sandals are nice for that. :)

Jim

On 3/29/2016 6:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.
> I would agree - I did that once, in Bermuda, and I could barely walk
> after walking around for a day on the cobblestone streets.

I used to wear then when they were called dojo slippers.

> If you're going to wear something like that, make sure it's got proper
> arch support.  Birkinstock sandals are nice for that.:)

Me, I'm a Martyr to my feet. Proper shoes or bare feet on the beach.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.
>
> We're talking about Americans. They'd have worn flip-flops on the moon
> if they hadn't found them difficult to keep pressurized.

Some Brits are just as bad. I have seen some sights on holiday.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:30:26 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 3/29/2016 6:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Alaska aside, going anywhere in flip flops beggars belief.
>> I would agree - I did that once, in Bermuda, and I could barely walk
>> after walking around for a day on the cobblestone streets.
>>

> I used to wear then when they were called dojo slippers.

:)

>> If you're going to wear something like that, make sure it's got proper
>> arch support.  Birkinstock sandals are nice for that.:)
>
> Me, I'm a Martyr to my feet. Proper shoes or bare feet on the beach.

The Birkinstock really qualify as proper shoes - and they are easy to get
repaired.  The cork is quite comfortable.

Jim