POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Extreme close-up Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:43:10 EDT (-0400)
  Extreme close-up (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Extreme close-up
Date: 15 Feb 2016 04:04:44
Message: <56c194ac@news.povray.org>
On 2/15/2016 8:15 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 15/02/2016 04:47 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Those are all very nice, but the colors are not very vibrant, and there
>> is not a lot of contrast between the lights and darks. Sunnier weather
>> might make for easier pictures.
>
> Yeah, having an expensive camera makes it possible to get much closer
> shots, but no camera on Earth allows me to control the Sun, sadly. :-(

Wrong!
First you need a virgin and a sharp knife… ;)

Actually I think that they are just a tad overexposed.
I adjusted the exposure in Paint Shop Pro. What do you think?
(BTW I cancelled my last post because the image sizes were too big.)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image5.jpg' (75 KB) Download 'image6.jpg' (136 KB)

Preview of image 'image5.jpg'
image5.jpg

Preview of image 'image6.jpg'
image6.jpg

> On 2/15/2016 8:15 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> On 15/02/2016 04:47 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> Those are all very nice, but the colors are not very vibrant, and there
>>> is not a lot of contrast between the lights and darks. Sunnier weather
>>> might make for easier pictures.
>>
>> Yeah, having an expensive camera makes it possible to get much closer
>> shots, but no camera on Earth allows me to control the Sun, sadly. :-(
>
> Wrong!
> First you need a virgin and a sharp knife... ;)
>
> Actually I think that they are just a tad overexposed.
>
> I adjusted the exposure in Paint Shop Pro. What do you think of these two?

I think Andy's original posts look pretty realistic, much more so than
your tweaked versions.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Yeah, having an expensive camera makes it possible to get much closer
>>> shots, but no camera on Earth allows me to control the Sun, sadly. :-(
>>
>> Wrong!
>> First you need a virgin and a sharp knife... ;)
>>
>> Actually I think that they are just a tad overexposed.
>>
>> I adjusted the exposure in Paint Shop Pro. What do you think of these two?
>
> I think Andy's original posts look pretty realistic, much more so than
> your tweaked versions.

I prefer Andrew's too. The colours look quite naturalistic, to me. But
some people prefer a more dramatic image.
Reminds me of the time a colleague and I spent a day installing and
setting up a TV projector. We were quite pleased with ourselves until
our American OIM said it wasn't vibrant enough. Grrr! :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 2/15/2016 3:15 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 15/02/2016 04:47 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Those are all very nice, but the colors are not very vibrant, and there
>> is not a lot of contrast between the lights and darks. Sunnier weather
>> might make for easier pictures.
>
> Yeah, having an expensive camera makes it possible to get much closer
> shots, but no camera on Earth allows me to control the Sun, sadly. :-(

On the other hand, in National Geographic you often see vibrant tropical
scenes even when the sun is not shining.

Maybe this will help?

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/16593/how-can-i-improve-my-photographs-taken-on-overcast-or-cloudy-days

Mike

Post a reply to this message