POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Best song of the late cold war era Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  Best song of the late cold war era (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: clipka
Subject: Best song of the late cold war era
Date: 12 Jan 2016 16:36:15
Message: <569571cf@news.povray.org>
There may have been better music, but no song more true back in those days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Re: Best song of the late cold war era
Date: 15 Jan 2016 20:25:01
Message: <web.56999b70e734fd992aaea5cb0@news.povray.org>
> There may have been better music, but no song more true back in those days:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pkVLqSaahk

I may not agree with the charicature of RR, but I the message is still
appropriate.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 16 Jan 2016 15:20:40
Message: <569aa618$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.01.2016 um 02:22 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
>> There may have been better music, but no song more true back in those days:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pkVLqSaahk
>
> I may not agree with the charicature of RR, but I the message is still
> appropriate.

Genesis complained that there's "not much love to go round", but their
approach itself features elements of antagonism, such as putting blame
on the people in power -- a quite popular stance back in the 80s.

In my book, reminding people that others "love their children, too"
(politicians included, as hinted at in Sting's video) is an even more
powerful message.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 16.01.2016 um 02:22 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >> There may have been better music, but no song more true back in those days:
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pkVLqSaahk
> >
> > I may not agree with the charicature of RR, but I the message is still
> > appropriate.
>
> Genesis complained that there's "not much love to go round", but their
> approach itself features elements of antagonism, such as putting blame
> on the people in power -- a quite popular stance back in the 80s.
>
> In my book, reminding people that others "love their children, too"
> (politicians included, as hinted at in Sting's video) is an even more
> powerful message.

They may have been making commentary with popular charicatures, but I agree.
Sting had a great message.  Still, I listen to the words of the song before
paying heed to the music video, since I don't know who scripted and directed it.

Regards,
A.D.B.