POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am not Steeleye Span Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  I am not Steeleye Span (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: I am not Steeleye Span
Date: 18 Dec 2015 14:05:43
Message: <56745907$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/2015 5:34 PM, clipka wrote:
> Now, what do we learn from the story?
> That the students are probably immatriculated at the university of
> Cologne, as Kölsch isn't widely available outside its region of origin.

"im feuerstrom der reben" it is not.

All this bile over cat's pee.
If you must drink a gallon or the equivalent, in real money. Make it
Guinness or a pint of heavy.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Dec 2015 03:11:44
Message: <56751140$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2015 18:34, clipka wrote:
> Am 18.12.2015 um 09:15 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>>> Not part of Germany, no.
>>>
>>> Part of our Federal Republic, yes. Sneaked their way in, somehow. Still
>>> have their own consitution, which they've just put on hold for as long
>>> as they happen to claim that Bavaria be part of the Federal Republic of
>>> Germany.
>>>
>>> Entirely different culture. Heck, they don't even drink beer. Entirely
>>> different language, too. They've tried to introduce German, but they
>>> just can't seem to learn it. Austrians in disguise, is what they are.
>>> The front yard of the Balkans.
>>>
>>> Don't get me started on Bavarians...
>>>
>>> ... What? Prejudiced? Me? Never!
>>>
>>> (... shuffles off, ranting on...)
>>>

>> What?!? They don't drink beer?!?!? What are those tankards filled with
>> in Munich?
>

> Three fellow students -- one originally from Munich, one originally from
> Cologne, and one originally from Dortmund -- visit a bar. The guy from
> Munich orders a "Weizen" (the stuff the Bavarians down from 0.5 to 1.0
> liter tankards), the guy from Cologne orders a "Kölsch" (the stuff that
> people from Cologne and vicinity sip from 0.2 liter cylindrical glasses).
>
> The guy from Dortmund orders a Coke.
>
> Puzzled, the other two ask him why he doesn't order a "Pils" (the stuff
> people in the Ruhr area drink from 0.3 or 0.33 liter stemmed glasses).
>
> "Naah," he declines with a gesture of generosity. "If you won't have a
> beer, neither will I."
>

> Now, what do we learn from the story?
> That the students are probably immatriculated at the university of
> Cologne, as Kölsch isn't widely available outside its region of origin.

I love this! I learned something today, thanks!

Note: I am not a beer (general term) drinker so this was new to me ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Three fellow students -- one originally from Munich, one originally from
> Cologne, and one originally from Dortmund -- visit a bar. The guy from
> Munich orders a "Weizen" (the stuff the Bavarians down from 0.5 to 1.0
> liter tankards),

Weizen comes in the tall 0.5L glasses, the tankards are for a Helles. I
don't think I ever saw anyone drinking a 1.0L weizen.

Post a reply to this message

>> Three fellow students -- one originally from Munich, one originally from
>> Cologne, and one originally from Dortmund -- visit a bar. The guy from
>> Munich orders a "Weizen" (the stuff the Bavarians down from 0.5 to 1.0
>> liter tankards),
>
> Weizen comes in the tall 0.5L glasses, the tankards are for a Helles. I
> don't think I ever saw anyone drinking a 1.0L weizen.

See? Even Germans have no idea what the Fucking Hell (*) the Bavarians
drink ;)

(* no, that's neither a swear word nor English language, that's a German
beer brand, named after an Austrian village - see
http://www.fucking-hell.de/en/category/spirit/)

Post a reply to this message

>>> Three fellow students -- one originally from Munich, one originally from
>>> Cologne, and one originally from Dortmund -- visit a bar. The guy from
>>> Munich orders a "Weizen" (the stuff the Bavarians down from 0.5 to 1.0
>>> liter tankards),
>>
>> Weizen comes in the tall 0.5L glasses, the tankards are for a Helles. I
>> don't think I ever saw anyone drinking a 1.0L weizen.
>
> See? Even Germans have no idea what the Fucking Hell (*) the Bavarians
> drink ;)
>
> (* no, that's neither a swear word nor English language, that's a German
> beer brand, named after an Austrian village - see
> http://www.fucking-hell.de/en/category/spirit/)

Isn't Hell a town in Norway (which does freeze over every year)?

On 12/26/2015 9:31 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> Weizen comes in the tall 0.5L glasses, the tankards are for a Helles. I
>>> don't think I ever saw anyone drinking a 1.0L weizen.
>>
>> See? Even Germans have no idea what the Fucking Hell (*) the Bavarians
>> drink ;)
>>
>> (* no, that's neither a swear word nor English language, that's a German
>> beer brand, named after an Austrian village - see
>> http://www.fucking-hell.de/en/category/spirit/)
>>

> Isn't Hell a town in Norway (which does freeze over every year)?

Indeed there is. I liked the Sabre Dance on the album "To Hell with the
Boys".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Hell_with_the_Boys

Named after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway

--