POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 80 percent? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:04:08 EDT (-0400)
  80 percent? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: 80 percent?
Date: 2 Dec 2015 03:06:59
Message: <565ea6a3$1@news.povray.org>
Appropriate these days:

http://2050-calculator-tool.decc.gov.uk/#/home

I wonder though about the 80% commitment of the UK. I have played a bit
with above and find that this value is not really realistic. If I look
at what /I think/ is realistically possible, I get about 40%. What do
you think?

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 12/2/2015 8:06 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Appropriate these days:
>
> http://2050-calculator-tool.decc.gov.uk/#/home
>
> I wonder though about the 80% commitment of the UK. I have played a bit
> with above and find that this value is not really realistic. If I look
> at what /I think/ is realistically possible, I get about 40%. What do
> you think?

I think anything any government says is at the best wishful thinking. If
not an outright lie.

--

Regards
     Stephen (Pissed off because we are going to war. Again.)

Post a reply to this message

>> I wonder though about the 80% commitment of the UK. I have played a bit
>> with above and find that this value is not really realistic. If I look
>> at what /I think/ is realistically possible, I get about 40%. What do
>> you think?
>>

> I think anything any government says is at the best wishful thinking. If
> not an outright lie.

I agree. Especially as contradictory benefits and interests are involved.

--
Thomas