POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Protopiper Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Protopiper (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Protopiper
Date: 30 Oct 2015 14:04:23
Message: <5633b127$1@news.povray.org>
https://hackaday.com/2015/10/29/tubular-tape-gun-sketches-furniture-you-can-never-sit-on/

This is an extremely cool idea. OK, that's nothing *that* technical
about it, but respect to the guys who even *thought* of this!

It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
yourself...

Post a reply to this message

On 10/30/2015 6:04 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

https://hackaday.com/2015/10/29/tubular-tape-gun-sketches-furniture-you-can-never-sit-on/

> This is an extremely cool idea. OK, that's nothing *that* technical
> about it, but respect to the guys who even *thought* of this!
>
> It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
> totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
> yourself...

Okay, that is neat.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:01:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/30/2015 6:04 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> https://hackaday.com/2015/10/29/tubular-tape-gun-sketches-furniture-
you-can-never-sit-on/

>> This is an extremely cool idea. OK, that's nothing *that* technical
>> about it, but respect to the guys who even *thought* of this!
>>
>> It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
>> totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
>> yourself...
>
> Okay, that is neat.

Very cool. :)

On 30-10-2015 23:16, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:01:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 10/30/2015 6:04 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> https://hackaday.com/2015/10/29/tubular-tape-gun-sketches-furniture-
> you-can-never-sit-on/
>>>

>>> This is an extremely cool idea. OK, that's nothing *that* technical
>>> about it, but respect to the guys who even *thought* of this!
>>>
>>> It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
>>> totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
>>> yourself...
>>
>> Okay, that is neat.
>
> Very cool. :)

Hmm... more useless plastic garbage though.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 2 Nov 2015 03:37:17
Message: <563720bd@news.povray.org>

https://hackaday.com/2015/10/29/tubular-tape-gun-sketches-furniture-you-can-never-sit-on/

> This is an extremely cool idea. OK, that's nothing *that* technical
> about it, but respect to the guys who even *thought* of this!
>
> It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
> totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
> yourself...

Too late now to get a patent :-) The creating-a-tube-from-a-reel idea is
not new, in fact it is used in many industrial processes (cigarettes,
packaging food, metal pipes etc).

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 2 Nov 2015 07:59:23
Message: <56375e2b$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/11/2015 08:37 AM, scott wrote:
>> It's one of those things that there ought to be a patent for - it's
>> totally obvious once you've seen it, but you would never think of this
>> yourself...
>
> Too late now to get a patent :-) The creating-a-tube-from-a-reel idea is
> not new, in fact it is used in many industrial processes (cigarettes,
> packaging food, metal pipes etc).

I bet none of those come in a handy hand-held gun though. ;-)

Seriously, this is pretty neat, but I bet you'd get bored after ten
minutes...