POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got a story! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  I got a story! (Message 7 to 16 of 36)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: I got a story!
Date: 2 Oct 2015 19:00:25
Message: <560f0c89$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/2/2015 8:04 PM, Leroy wrote:
> Stephen wrote:

>>> No, still working on it:)
>>
>> Stop making excuses then and finish it. ;-)
> A master piece is never finished.

Sometimes mine are never started.

> But I wish I had that excuse with I
> was in school. 'I'm sorry I did do my home work because of Swat!'

That beats "my hamster ate my jotter". Hands down. :-)

>>> I got to tell that story only 3 time. 4 time counting here.
>>>

>> That's off. I would expect at least six months of free meals. With that
>> one.
>>
> I did say I lived in the woods.

You did but it didn't register. In the UK, woods are what used to be
there. ;-)

> My neighbors where more worried for them
> selves to listen to the full story. And you can't walk up to stranger at
> Walmarts and say have I got a story for You!

No, I don't suppose you can.
It deserves to be told though.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 3 Oct 2015 00:30:13
Message: <560F59F2.4090408@aol.com>
Leroy wrote:

> But I wish I had that excuse with I
> was in school. 'I'm sorry I did do my home work because of Swat!'

So, after my husband died, it looked like going back to school with Pell
grants and student loans might be a route to survival.  Meanwhile, my
nephew had given me an adorable puppy (and let me just add, my old dog
thought it was a Terrible Idea and an Utter Betrayal--for about 36
hours, after which she was HIS puppy)...And so it was, that I found
myself, at the age of [mumble mumble], able to stand up in class, wave a
shredded worksheet in the air, and proudly say, for the first time in
[mumble mumble] years:

"MY DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK!!!'

It was, and remains, one of the great moments in my life.

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+

Post a reply to this message