POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got a story! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:41:10 EDT (-0400)
  I got a story! (Message 27 to 36 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: I got a story!
Date: 6 Oct 2015 01:33:11
Message: <56135d17$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 19:46:39 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 05/10/2015 07:28 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 19:22:08 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>> You would think so going by all the reports we get.
>>
>> Well, the news is always unbiased.  It's not like they're trying to
>> sell anything, or that sensationalism doesn't get people to watch. ;)
>
> Curiously, a lot of people seem to think that news has to be factually
> accurate - by law or something. And that we have these "journalistic
> freedom" laws to protect the public by allowing news media to bring
> important matters to public attention.
>
> But... er... last time I checked, the media can print absolutely
> anything that will sell copies. In other words, MAKE MONEY. So... um...
> am I being dense or something?

No, you're actually not being dense or something.

You're missing the sarcasm in my comments.

As I might have mentioned before your trip, millions of people live in
the US and don't get murdered every day.  "Surviving" here is not like
entering a war zone.

And I say that as someone who thinks that the gun fetish in this country
is out of hand.

Jim