POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got a story! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  I got a story! (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: I got a story!
Date: 3 Oct 2015 04:55:00
Message: <web.560f96f9965cd84a39d3040f0@news.povray.org>
> That is a funny/weird story indeed. It can end quite badly however
> sometimes though. A couple of years ago here, police erupted into a
> house, bashed and forcefully arrested the people living there, upturned
> the furniture, smashed what could be smashed, only to discover
> afterwards (oops!) that they got into the wrong house in the street.

In the USA, we call this a normal day at the precinct.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 3 Oct 2015 05:06:10
Message: <560f9a82@news.povray.org>
On 03/10/2015 09:51 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Thomas de Groot<tho### [at] degrootorg>  wrote:
>> That is a funny/weird story indeed. It can end quite badly however
>> sometimes though. A couple of years ago here, police erupted into a
>> house, bashed and forcefully arrested the people living there, upturned
>> the furniture, smashed what could be smashed, only to discover
>> afterwards (oops!) that they got into the wrong house in the street.
>
> In the USA, we call this a normal day at the precinct.

So happy I'm not in the USA anymore...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 3 Oct 2015 06:16:58
Message: <560fab1a@news.povray.org>
On 10/3/2015 10:06 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 03/10/2015 09:51 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot<tho### [at] degrootorg>  wrote:
>>> That is a funny/weird story indeed. It can end quite badly however
>>> sometimes though. A couple of years ago here, police erupted into a
>>> house, bashed and forcefully arrested the people living there, upturned
>>> the furniture, smashed what could be smashed, only to discover
>>> afterwards (oops!) that they got into the wrong house in the street.
>>
>> In the USA, we call this a normal day at the precinct.
>
> So happy I'm not in the USA anymore...

Why would that be? ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Oct 2015 07:23:24
Message: <560fbaac$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-10-2015 10:51, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> In the USA, we call this a normal day at the precinct.

Understandable, with all those house numbers in four digits ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 3 Oct 2015 11:16:39
Message: <560ff157@news.povray.org>
Sherry K. Shaw wrote:

> "MY DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK!!!'
>
> It was, and remains, one of the great moments in my life.
>
> --Sherry Shaw

I like that!

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Oct 2015 11:39:19
Message: <561299a7@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 11:16:49 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/3/2015 10:06 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>>
>>> In the USA, we call this a normal day at the precinct.
>>
>> So happy I'm not in the USA anymore...
>>

> Why would that be? ;-)

Well, didn't you hear?  The cops break into everyone's house/flat on a
daily basis.  Usually using flashbangs.

It's mandatory that this happen - if the cops don't do it, they get
waterboarded.  Their job is to terrify the citizenry.

m-/

Jim

On 10/5/2015 4:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 11:16:49 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> So happy I'm not in the USA anymore...
>>>

>> Why would that be? ;-)
>
> Well, didn't you hear?  The cops break into everyone's house/flat on a
> daily basis.  Usually using flashbangs.

But he's white and not poor.

> It's mandatory that this happen - if the cops don't do it, they get
> waterboarded.  Their job is to terrify the citizenry.
>
> m-/

Good job they can get discounted second hand hardware from the military. ^ ^

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 17:05:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/5/2015 4:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Why would that be? ;-)
>>
>> Well, didn't you hear?  The cops break into everyone's house/flat on a
>> daily basis.  Usually using flashbangs.
>>

> But he's white and not poor.

That doesn't matter.  Didn't you hear that it's absolute chaos over here,
and the cops just randomly break into people's houses at any time of the
day and night.

People in the middle east have no sense of what it's like to live in true
terror.  The cops in the US have cornered the market on that.

>> It's mandatory that this happen - if the cops don't do it, they get
>> waterboarded.  Their job is to terrify the citizenry.
>>
>> m-/
>>

> Good job they can get discounted second hand hardware from the military.
> ^ ^

Damned straight. ;)

Jim

On 10/5/2015 6:59 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> That doesn't matter.  Didn't you hear that it's absolute chaos over here,
> and the cops just randomly break into people's houses at any time of the
> day and night.

You would think so going by all the reports we get.

> People in the middle east have no sense of what it's like to live in true
> terror.  The cops in the US have cornered the market on that.

At least you have medicinal grass nowadays. ;-)

>> >Good job they can get discounted second hand hardware from the military.
>> >^ ^
> Damned straight.;)

Have you seen Rich Hall's "You can go to Hell. I'm going to Texas."?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message