POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you could see radio waves Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:06:59 EDT (-0400)
  If you could see radio waves (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: If you could see radio waves
Date: 20 Sep 2015 05:25:24
Message: <55fe7b84@news.povray.org>
...then it would probably look nothing like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqEYz38ens

Standing waves, anyone?

Now just position the WiFi source on a second nearby mill, and animate
the thing!

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: If you could see radio waves
Date: 20 Sep 2015 06:09:37
Message: <55fe85e1$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/20/2015 10:25 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Now just position the WiFi source on a second nearby mill, and animate
> the thing!

As you do. :-)

One question, though. What does "and there's an application on my
computer that looks at the Rx power of those pings and...", mean?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> One question, though. What does "and there's an application on my
> computer that looks at the Rx power of those pings and...", mean?

I *think* he's saying he has an application that sends out ping requests
and measures the radio amplitude of the reply, as reported by the WiFi card.

Post a reply to this message