POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Particle Decelerator Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Particle Decelerator (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: Particle Decelerator
Date: 17 Aug 2015 20:17:07
Message: <55d27983$1@news.povray.org>
Well, I didn't know such a thing existed... yup, that's a particle
*de*-celerator:

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/accelerators/antiproton-decelerator

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Particle Decelerator
Date: 17 Aug 2015 23:39:03
Message: <55d2a8d7$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/18/2015 1:17 AM, clipka wrote:
> Well, I didn't know such a thing existed... yup, that's a particle
> *de*-celerator:
>
> http://home.web.cern.ch/about/accelerators/antiproton-decelerator

Interesting article. But I was taught that there is no such thing as
deceleration only negative acceleration.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, I didn't know such a thing existed... yup, that's a particle
>> *de*-celerator:
>>
>> http://home.web.cern.ch/about/accelerators/antiproton-decelerator
>
> Interesting article. But I was taught that there is no such thing as
> deceleration only negative acceleration.

It's an anti-proton, so it does everything backwards.  When it goes
faster it's negative deceleration.

;)

On 8/18/2015 12:30 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
> Le 2015-08-17 23:38, Stephen a écrit :
>> On 8/18/2015 1:17 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> Well, I didn't know such a thing existed... yup, that's a particle
>>> *de*-celerator:
>>>
>>> http://home.web.cern.ch/about/accelerators/antiproton-decelerator
>>
>> Interesting article. But I was taught that there is no such thing as
>> deceleration only negative acceleration.
>>

> It's an anti-proton, so it does everything backwards.  When it goes
> faster it's negative deceleration.
>
> ;)

But can it go backwards in high heels, like Ginger Rogers?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> But can it go backwards in high heels, like Ginger Rogers?

I bet she does...

Post a reply to this message