POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser (Message 31 to 33 of 33)
From: Mr
Subject: Re: Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser
Date: 6 Aug 2015 04:40:00
Message: <web.55c31ceddee5de4a16086ed00@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > I got a "Could not initialize WebGL" message. with a quadro FX3800
>
> Does WebGL work at all on other sites? Try these:
>
> https://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl
> https://www.shadertoy.com/

no. it doesn't. too bad.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 6 Aug 2015 06:34:33
Message: <55c33839$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.08.2015 um 09:20 schrieb scott:
>> It's slightly mental that the government of one country can insert spy
>> hardware into every computer that can ever exist... Especially given
>> that all silicon fabrication is done in countries hostile to America...
>> But hey, what do I know?
>
> Oh don't worry, I'm sure if the NSA were capable of inserting spy
> hardware into CPU dies, the fab itself would be more than capable of
> changing it back to something more to their (or their government's)
> liking :-)

That's what I was thinking. Yes, absolutely, totally. They'd sure know
exactly what features to look out for in a set of lithography masks...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 6 Aug 2015 06:56:23
Message: <55c33d57$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh don't worry, I'm sure if the NSA were capable of inserting spy
>> hardware into CPU dies, the fab itself would be more than capable of
>> changing it back to something more to their (or their government's)
>> liking :-)
>
> That's what I was thinking. Yes, absolutely, totally. They'd sure know
> exactly what features to look out for in a set of lithography masks...

Only if they were "run" by the government - then I'm sure a team of
100's to reverse engineer and "fix" the "problem" would be easily
available for the job...