POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wise Move Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:35:36 EDT (-0400)
  Wise Move (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: Wise Move
Date: 6 Jul 2015 10:03:05
Message: <559a8a99$1@news.povray.org>
There. The Greeks have voted, and two wise moves have been made:

(1) A clear position has been established where Greece will be heading.
No more tactical bluffing. The Greeks knew their "No!" holds the risk of
them dropping from the Euro, and they accept it. They /will/ be going
that way, if needs be. The EU has to deal with that. Now it's their turn
to decide whether they've been bluffing or not.

(2) Varoufakis has, surprisingly to me, stepped down. Wasn't the
referendum a victory for his position? Well, maybe not; maybe his
position was to bluff the EU into submission; but the referendum leaves
no room for such tactics. At any rate, he had been instrumental in
preventing an agreement, and he not only /noticed/ it, but has now
/acted/ accordingly. Name one other contemporary politician who would
step down when he could declare victory instead. He may have been a
PITA, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Maybe there is hope now that an agreement can be found after all. But at
any rate there is hope now that the situation will be resolved at last,
one way or another. Everything is better than the stalemate we've seen.

Post a reply to this message

> (2) Varoufakis has, surprisingly to me, stepped down.

... and his successor is married to a Scot. Sounds promising. ;)

Post a reply to this message

>> (2) Varoufakis has, surprisingly to me, stepped down.
>
> .... and his successor is married to a Scot. Sounds promising. ;)

It promises a pair of sore lugs (ears). If I am anything to go by. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen