POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 7/4 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  7/4 (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: 7/4
Date: 5 Jul 2015 03:56:38
Message: <5598e336@news.povray.org>
On 2015-07-04 09:03 AM (-4), Doctor John wrote:
> Sings to the tune of the Star-spangled Banner:

Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever" is a better match for those lyrics.

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 5 Jul 2015 04:17:58
Message: <5598e836@news.povray.org>
On 07/04/2015 08:40 AM, clipka wrote:
> Congratulations to your independence, USA!
>
> Now if only you'd let other contries have theirs, too...

Oy.

I tried to compose a simple explanation for why my country is such a
bullying control freak, but there always seemed to be another pertinent
point to add, and my "simple" explanation started looking like a POV-Ray
3.7 release candidate.

So I'll just leave you with two words:  Money.  Fear.

(I'm tempted to add fundamentalist Christianity.  However, my analysis
is that the hyper-religious Americans--including politicians who are
under the delusion that they run this country--are being punked by money
via use of fear.)

Post a reply to this message

On 7/5/2015 8:57 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2015-07-04 09:03 AM (-4), Doctor John wrote:
>> Sings to the tune of the Star-spangled Banner:
>
> Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever" is a better match for those lyrics.

Yes it is. I watched the video.

--

Regards
     Stephen