POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PovRay Crescent. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:36:56 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Crescent. (Message 11 to 20 of 31)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: PovRay Crescent.
Date: 20 May 2015 04:05:46
Message: <555c405a@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 07:45, scott wrote:
>>> I'm going to have a quick move here, since I'm rebooting my Mac
>>> during an
>>> online meeting....
>>>
>>> Gradient, naturally.
>>>
>> Well, I'll stop, think and colour the sphere, shiny.
>
> Surely a school-boy error? The 3.7 rules clearly state you cannot modify
> an object once it has been created.

I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
called.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 20 May 2015 04:16:46
Message: <555c42ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/15 09:05, Stephen wrote:

>>> Well, I'll stop, think and colour the sphere, shiny.
>>
>> Surely a school-boy error? The 3.7 rules clearly state you cannot modify
>> an object once it has been created.
>>
> I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
> called.

Double post! You are in cache.

Meanwhile, radiosity

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 20 May 2015 04:18:03
Message: <555c433b$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 09:16, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Surely a school-boy error? The 3.7 rules clearly state you cannot modify
>>> an object once it has been created.
>>>
>> I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
>> called.
>>
> Double post!

Where?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2015 04:39:46
Message: <555c4852$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 09:18, scott wrote:
> On 20/05/2015 09:16, Doctor John wrote:

>>> I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
>>> called.
>>>
>> Double post!
>
> Where?

Don't worry.
<Hint> How many fingers am I holding up, Sir? </Hint> ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2015 04:54:46
Message: <555c4bd6$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 09:16, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Surely a school-boy error? The 3.7 rules clearly state you cannot modify
>>> an object once it has been created.
>>>
>> I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
>> called.
>>
> Double post! You are in cache.
>
> Meanwhile, radiosity

Since Radiosity reversed the direction of the raytrace. It must be my turn.

Black Hole Warp.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 20 May 2015 05:48:44
Message: <555c587c$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/15 09:54, Stephen wrote:

> Since Radiosity reversed the direction of the raytrace. It must be my turn.
>
> Black Hole Warp.

That's not a nice thing to call Warp ;-)

John

From: scott
Date: 20 May 2015 05:51:21
Message: <555c5919$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Double post!
>>
>> Where?
>>

> Don't worry.
> <Hint> How many fingers am I holding up, Sir? </Hint> ;-)

Oh, I thought you were intentionally trying to split the game in two :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 20 May 2015 05:54:26
Message: <555c59d2$1@news.povray.org>

>>> I think that you will find that applies only when the object has been
>>> called.
>>>
>> Double post! You are in cache.
>>
>> Meanwhile, radiosity
>>

> Since Radiosity reversed the direction of the raytrace. It must be my turn.
>
> Black Hole Warp.

The black hole has done something strange.

Light_source with a negative brightness.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2015 06:37:44
Message: <555c63f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 10:48, Doctor John wrote:
> On 20/05/15 09:54, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Since Radiosity reversed the direction of the raytrace. It must be my turn.
>>
>> Black Hole Warp.
>>

> That's not a nice thing to call Warp ;-)

Evil is who evil sees.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2015 06:39:24
Message: <555c645c$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/05/2015 10:54, scott wrote:
>> Since Radiosity reversed the direction of the raytrace. It must be my
>> turn.
>>
>> Black Hole Warp.
>
> The black hole has done something strange.
>
> Light_source with a negative brightness.

Spotted it.

--

Regards
     Stephen