POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender3D now on Steam Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:41:51 EDT (-0400)
  Blender3D now on Steam (Message 61 to 70 of 70)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Blender3D now on Steam
Date: 1 May 2015 02:41:53
Message: <55432031$1@news.povray.org>
>> £80,000. You could almost buy a *house* for that price
>
> And get change. :-)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46365031&sale=53335772&country=england

It's strange what you get for your money when you live somewhere most
people don't want to :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2015 03:11:19
Message: <55432717@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2015 07:41, scott wrote:
>>> £80,000. You could almost buy a *house* for that price
>>
>> And get change. :-)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46365031&sale=53335772&country=england

> It's strange what you get for your money when you live somewhere most
> people don't want to :-)

I know. I worked in the area a few years ago and it depressed me
listening to the local news. Deprivation, and it seems that every couple
of weeks. Some young man committed suicide.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> £80,000. You could almost buy a *house* for that price
>>
>> And get change. :-)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46365031&sale=53335772&country=england

> It's strange what you get for your money when you live somewhere most
> people don't want to :-)

Hmmm... Swansea area? I have some good memories from there... :)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

>>> And get change. :-)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46365031&sale=53335772&country=england

>> It's strange what you get for your money when you live somewhere most
>> people don't want to :-)
>>

> I know. I worked in the area a few years ago and it depressed me
> listening to the local news. Deprivation, and it seems that every couple
> of weeks. Some young man committed suicide.

There is a huge difference between living in an area and passing through
(like I did).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2015 03:44:08
Message: <55432ec8@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2015 08:17, Thomas de Groot wrote:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=46365031&sale=53335772&country=england

>>> It's strange what you get for your money when you live somewhere most
>>> people don't want to :-)
>>>

>> I know. I worked in the area a few years ago and it depressed me
>> listening to the local news. Deprivation, and it seems that every couple
>> of weeks. Some young man committed suicide.
>>
> There is a huge difference between living in an area and passing through
> (like I did).

There is indeed and I have been lucky to live and work in a few
countries. All of the parts of Wales that I have visited have been vey
kind on the eyes.
Did you try Lava bread? A local delicacy made from seaweed.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 1 May 2015 05:18:57
Message: <55434501$1@news.povray.org>
> There is indeed and I have been lucky to live and work in a few
> countries. All of the parts of Wales that I have visited have been vey
> kind on the eyes.

It seems to me like there is a negative correlation between how nice a
region looks and the house prices!

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2015 05:34:45
Message: <554348b5@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2015 10:18, scott wrote:
>> There is indeed and I have been lucky to live and work in a few
>> countries. All of the parts of Wales that I have visited have been vey
>> kind on the eyes.
>
> It seems to me like there is a negative correlation between how nice a
> region looks and the house prices!

And how far it is from London. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 1 May 2015 05:59:13
Message: <55434e71@news.povray.org>
>> It seems to me like there is a negative correlation between how nice a
>> region looks and the house prices!
>>

> And how far it is from London. ;-)

What, the house prices or how nice it looks? :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 1 May 2015 06:08:27
Message: <5543509b$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/15 10:34, Stephen wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 10:18, scott wrote:
>>> There is indeed and I have been lucky to live and work in a few
>>> countries. All of the parts of Wales that I have visited have been vey
>>> kind on the eyes.
>>
>> It seems to me like there is a negative correlation between how nice a
>> region looks and the house prices!
>>

> And how far it is from London. ;-)

Indeed. Here, in the centre of the world (where I live), a small
two-bedroom apartment will cost ~£1.3m. In Stephen's bit ( a mere 15
miles from me) the average seems to be £350k.
OTOH I can walk between some of the best theatres, opera houses and
cinemas in the world.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2015 07:50:19
Message: <5543687b$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2015 10:59, scott wrote:
>>> It seems to me like there is a negative correlation between how nice a
>>> region looks and the house prices!
>>>

>> And how far it is from London. ;-)
>
> What, the house prices or how nice it looks? :-)

Yes, both.

--

Regards
     Stephen